🔥 🔥 2017 Chevy Bolt $270/mo, or Net $121 after incentives and 1-pay - Nor Cal 🔥 🔥

Nope, not true. Farmers actually gave me a discount on my last EV just for the fact it was an EV. There are other variables involved but at the end of the day my $55k BMW i3 cost LESS to insure with same coverage than my $22k 2016 Cruze LT.

Try to figure that one out…

The insurance company know the carjackers can’t go more than 100 miles in the i3. They figure they can catch the thieves at the charging station.

3 Likes

My car was a REx but thanks for playing.

1 Like

costco.
ameriprise.
have both home&auto with them for several years.
prices were lowest when i compared way back then.
honestly havent compared in a few years.
perhaps its time to do so.

lol…funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

im sure it was just a jokeeeee

Has anyone seen the new December incentives from Chevy yet to see if these lease deals are going to continue or not?

Let me change the subject for a moment.

Yesterday, 10 days after I got my Bolt LT, I was involved in a car accident. It was my fault. In a standstill traffic, I tried to merge from a parking lot into the main street, and from a fully stopped position, I accelerated and rear-ended into another car. Luckily, there is only bumper and very minor body damage. No personal injury.

What happened was that, instead of pressing the brake, I pressed the gas pedal. A classic mistake, which had never happened to me before. After recollecting the events, I think what happened was this. I’m getting used to using this one-pedal driving mode, that is you can lift your foot from the gas pedal and the car will do the brake and regen for you at the same time. That morning when I drove out of the parking lot, I probably didn’t put the car into “L” gear, but subconsciously I thought it was in the L gear. And in the stop-start traffic, when I press the gas to merge and release the gas to stop, the car didn’t stop. At that moment, I panicked and I pressed the gas pedal again.

Anyway, that was my story. So the lesson is that, though one-pedal driving is fun, you really need to be careful and make sure it’s in the L gear every time.

Here comes the question. The car’s front bumper, grille, and a corner of the hood is damaged/bent. Can I take it to any body-shop to get it repaired? (Insurance has some partnered body-shops). Or do I need to take it to a Chevy dealer to repair. I’m asking is because this is a leased car. I’m not sure if Chevy will accept it back if it’s not repaired by a Chevy dealer. And I didn’t get the XS wear package.

Thanks.

Ameriprise is one of the cheapest insurance to have when you have good record. After an accident (my fault) the rates sky rocketed.

Take it to any body shop from your insurance’s list. Or, if you have one you like, get approval from insurance and take it there. Leased cars accepted back in the original condition, i.e. professionally repaired. That’s the beauty of leasing - they take the hit for the lost value.

I believe it is the law that you can take the car for repair at any body shop of your choosing. The insurance companies have their recommended shops because I am sure they derive some sort of benefit (i.e. lower rates, regular audits against fraud, easy payment processing, etc. - something). That being said, I am sure those shops are not crooks just don’t ave your best interest in mind. Their best interest is their relationship with the insurer. To get to the point of your question though, I would call GM (or the leasing company) and ask them to recommend a body shop (they should have a list of certified shops). Because as Ursus mentioned lease cars are accepted back in the original condition so then the debate is, what is original condition? Why would you even want to take a chance messing with that? Especially on such a new and highly technical model. If you use the shop recommended by GM then they can’t argue. You used their shop, should be repaired to their standards.

That is my advice. FWIW.

Not really (or always) true. The best shop I wanted to take my car to was on my insurance company list. So I’d go there anyway.
GM is a manufacturer/finance, I don’t think they would know anything about body shops in your area. They will prefer the car repaired with original GM parts.

good to know.
i have been involved in 2 accidents since i had Amer.
neither my fault.(knock wood)
rates havent changed

Actually, I had the same experience. My wife had an accident that was not her fault. The rate did not change much, but after my accident it went crazy :slight_smile:

I agree. I don’t like talking in absolutes. The insurance recommended body shop may be fine (or even great). GM may not know the shops in the area but they may just say something like “make sure it is a Chevy certified body shop.” I had a similar experience to besolar. We managed to total an Audi on a Friday (we picked the car up on Monday). I read my contract and it said to notify the in case of an accident (not a total), which we did. They gave us a list of shops in the area that were Audi Certified.

Besolar, read your contract. Maybe it says something about it - maybe not.

Hi all, I was looking into my lease agreement and noticed a 311 rent charge. Is this the finance charge? I chose the one pay option so there shouldn’t be any finance charge?

Doing one-pay lowers the MF, not enough to be nearly 0 though. Unless the MF is 0, you will have a rent charge.

1 Like

Went to a Bay Area Chevy dealer today who got single digit Bolts which disappeared in hours. With a couple remaining I got these quotes incl. tax, all 10K miles yearly with 36 month lease with top tier credit:

• Premier (fully loaded): $4500 drive-off, $365 monthly
  • LT (with both packages, DCFC): $4500 drive-off, $295 monthly
  • LT (base, no DCFC): $4500 drive-off, $275 monthly

The salesperson shared that one contract for the Premier model (fully loaded with 12K miles) was signed for $3500 drive-off & $425 monthly. I was thankful for the quotes and walked off. Thoughts/advice/comments?

Wtf are these quotes. Are the prices msrp with no discounts?

Quotes include discounts. The GM rebate has been lowered and the MF has gone up. Agree with your 3 letter sentiment