šŸ”„ šŸ”„ 2017 Chevy Bolt $270/mo, or Net $121 after incentives and 1-pay - Nor Cal šŸ”„ šŸ”„

Fremont Chevy actually gave me the best deal. Ask for Sunny if you are not already working with someone. Dublin matched Fremontā€™s deal for me as Fremont was a 45 min drive. Good luck!

Thank you thank you. We are getting closer to the 99 a month Bolt deal ā€¦

1 Like

Dind dong - winner winner Bolt for $85 month yeehaw!!! Great deal!!! Paging @bro1999 :slight_smile:

How are you getting $85 per month? Can you please explain what am I missing?
$8200 - $2500 (EV rebate) - $500 (PGE) - $700 (Costco) = $4500
$4500/36 = $125

1 Like

Hi Phil. I proposed the same scenario as you regarding the totaling of the vehicle and they said I would get the money back, less the difference in time of ownership. If Iā€™ve had the car for 2 days and it gets totaled, how am I out the $8k?

One of the reasons people like dealing with me is I donā€™t give BS explanations like some places.
I think Michael from LeaseHackr explained it best already typed out. I give I similar explanations to my customers. And aside from what he says below, the deprecation on a electric car is even steeper then conventional.
@michael

"In essence, when a car is totaled, the depreciation risk of a one-pay lease is similar to that of a conventionally financed vehicle. The risk tends to be greatest during the first few months into a lease, when depreciation is steepest.

Say the car has a selling price of $40,000, a residual of $25,000, and a one-pay lease of $15,000. The car is totaled 2 months into the lease and insurance pays the market value of $36,000. You get the difference between the market value and residual ($11,000), which means youā€™ve paid $4,000 to drive the car for 2 months.

With a monthly lease, depreciation is divided evenly into monthly payments, and you can simply walk away from the lease if the car is a total loss.

That said, the savings of a one-pay lease in this case are substantial, so youā€™ll have to weigh those savings against the probability of your car getting totaled or stolen.

Also, Honda is generally quite good with estimating residuals. The risks of a one-pay lease are higher on a car with inflated residuals. Iā€™ve seen BMWs and Benzes where the market value equaled the residual value with months left on the lease ā€“ which would be bad if a one-pay lease car were totaled.

Hope this helps!"

The Bolt does have a ā€œinflated residualā€.

1 Like

Isnā€™t that when GAP insurance comes into play? To cover the GAP between market value and lease cost.

He probably qualifies for the low income additional rebate. $8200-4500-700=$83, with a $500 utilities rebate itā€™s $70/month.

This actually makes the Bolt the cheapest new vehicle option for those earning less than 300% of the federal poverty line($61k for a family of threeā€¦).

However Iā€™m not sure one pay is actually worthwhile. You save about $1200, which translates into about a ~6% return on investment. Thatā€™s assuming gap insurance works the way people think it does.

1 Like

The low income additional rebate is awesome. Most of my customers in silicon valley donā€™t get it, but Iā€™ve had a few who did. Also some counties give rebates as well.

Correct, I qualify for the low income rebate as of last years income.

2500 cvrp
2000 Additional cvrp for low income
700 Costco

I didnā€™t even consider any extras such as utility. But I know my electric company only offers about 200 towards your bill opposed to the $500. Regardless itā€™s a great deal!

1 Like

Are you in socal? You can apply for that $200 every year.

Yeah in the San Diego area. Thats awesome, I didnā€™t know that.

If i live in LA and will lease a bolt LT soon, what incentives are available?
I know i can apply for $2500 CVRP and $700 Costco card.
Can i also get the pg&e $500 rebate? I use ladwp.

1 Like

Any phone or emails for Sam G at Dublin, or Sunny @Freemont? Thanks

my email: tom@schoolofthought.com

CA rebate is $1500, and not $2500 and has income limits as well

CA rebate is $2500 on the BOLT. Itā€™s $1500 on the VOLT.

5 Likes

A one-pay lease isnā€™t the same thing as a large downpayment. Youā€™re completely correct regarding large down-payments, but a one-pay lease can be structured as ā€œ$0 downpaymentā€ and all in monthly payments, which you happen to pre-pay.

In that case GM financial lease agreement is very clear that in the event of a total loss they refund the pro-rated unused monthly payments even though you pre-paid them.

8 Likes

Thank you @lessthanjoey. I think this is helpful for all of us. I confirmed the same with my insurance agent as well.

2 Likes

Thanks to @ntety for coming up with this amazing lease hack on Bolts. As a gold member lease hackr, I strongly recommend that all BOLT lessees lookin into the one pay as a way to save further $$$$ on the lease. One pay BOLT EV lease is the way to go and has vhooloo crystal balls seal of approval. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread such as @lessthanjoey and @K04 (-1 for chevyphil who tried to scare us off but he is a dealer so what do you expect?) :fire:

4 Likes