Financed/Sold: 2022 Outback Limited XT

Great purchase. My wife has the same Abyss Blue over the brown leather (touring model). Really nice color. I am sure when it comes time to sell you will be happy with the resale! Sadly Subaru remains one of the few “deals” in this market if you can find someone to honor VIP.

1 Like

Welcome to the Subaru family from another hackr who “sinned” and gave in to the practicality of purchasing one (Crosstrek in my case) while the crazy market sorts itself out.

Great color, and great deal all things considered!

1 Like

Congrats! I would say you did well enough, all things considered. I actually really like that blue and I think the black accents it very well.

The Outback has always been a car that I’ve been curious to experience. I know Subaru, especially the Outback, seems to create a loyal customer base…so the vehicles can’t be all THAT bad. Also, IIRC, Subaru donates money to wilderness conservation (or something of the like) to the state of Colorado or Washington. I don’t remember which, but it is apparent while visiting…because “Subies” are everywhere. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Exactly what I want. The Turbo XT. I love the color. Congrats!

1 Like

I had an Outback XT, and a Forester (actually two…sport and limited).

I think the Forester is Subaru’s best car, hands down. I love the huge windows…reminds me of cars from the 70s. Also, the turning circle is better and seems zippier and more responsive, even though it isn’t. And it has manual controls for most everything.

Outback has better seats, much better for road trips/freeway. Much smoother and powerful engine. I hated the touch display.

Neither car is what I’d call sporty or really fun to drive. I live in the windy canyons of LA, and neither car gave me tremendous confidence. But the nearly 9 inches of clearance and fat tires are awesome for city driving…no worries about potholes or curbs.

2 Likes

Forester used to be built on Impreza platform, so it was lighter. Don’t know now.

You’re right. Just like most (all?) Volvos are built on SPA, most Subarus are built on SGP

Helpful feedback (all of it). I live and work in West LA, so my roundtrip daily commute is… 6 miles. And my parking spot at work is REALLY narrow (as I mentioned in a previous thread), so outward and maneuverability is key for me.

A Subaru might work well for me, although something Crosstek-sized would prob be better. I like how luxurious the Outback is, but it just seems like overkill for my daily needs. Also thinking about a GTI (vs. Jetta GLI) for my next car. A Mirai would also be viable, but it’s just SO damn wide.

1 Like

You could also be the worst person on earth and get a TRX!

My girlfriend has the same car, first subaru that has impressed me in a long time. Infotainment screen is awesome and all the driver assist tech is great. Even the CVT is pretty decent. I was real surprised when I drove it, couldn’t do it without the turbo though

1 Like

I didn’t even need to test drive the NA. I drove every trim Outback and Forester in 2019 before the Turbo, and the H6 was the clear winner.

Coming from a Turbo/Supercharged with Software tune, it’s not as peppy, but it’s got enough pep to survive. Glad to hear you approve, and that you’re dating. :cupid:

2 Likes

I genuinely don’t understand the comment.

1 Like

In the sole defense of the NA the range is pretty incredible for trips at over 600 miles but it is on the slow side of adequate.

1 Like

Was joking that since your spot is so narrow, you can be rude to everyone around you and get a monstrously wide vehicle to park in lol

OHHHHHH.

The parking lot at my work looks like a f*cking Porsche dealership, so they prob wouldn’t even notice! Well, maybe they would notice a TRX. Maybe I should get a Hummer. Bwahahahaha.

But, seriously, one person here literally brought a tape measure b/c she thought she was assigned the narrowest space (she wasn’t). And other tenants w/ literally leave nasty notes on each other’s windshields if they park too far over (and then call each other a “bitch” to their face in the conference room). Good times.

Okay, back on-topic. :wink:

4 Likes

What’s your monthly payment like ?

Excellent question. IIRC $641? With 7.75% tax and CA registration. $150 more than the XC60 lease sticks in my head.

Edit: $640 and change

1 Like

Commute of 6 miles? Definitely get a TRX :sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Msrp on lyriq and hummer ev too no blessings?

AFAIK they only sell cars at MSRP. I did see a Hummer EV on the lot but likely was a customer car. They did not appear to have any new cars on the showroom floor. There was something like a used XT5 or something.

I imagine their wait lists are pretty long at that pricing structure.