Financed: 2022 Honda Accord Touring (2k over msrp)

It depends on the brand, but likely because it’s a lease that doesn’t allow third-party buyouts.

Not having to take two vehicles home from the dealer.

1 Like

You mean I could have avoided 2 Ubers and a train last weekend?

3 Likes

I mean taxes are non negotiable so I’d be looking at mid 40’s for any car in this class, Kia, Toyota, whatever. If I had waited for the 2023 I’d probably have spent 50k on a Honda so I’m not sure what your point is?

1 Like

Thanks! I’m dropping the Prepaid Maintenance program so that’s like 1875 going back to the bank. Should bring me down to 93.6%. So after a few payments I should be able to refinance.

I did my due diligence. A dealer I went to wanted 5k markup and 3k blessings for a Civic touring. 2k over MSRP is a steal these days.

From what I have read, the redesigned model will be a 2024 model, so it might be over a year away.

Dang, BEST case scenario? Shit what’s the worst case scenario because I’d be ready to drop 25k on a 3 year old accord touring 2.0t right now if you can find one.

1 Like

Isn’t there a return policy? :thinking:

No cooling off period in California.

1 Like

There honestly should be, at least a day, it would force dealers to be a lot more honest. I actually asked the salesman about the Honda Accord refresh and he told me there wasn’t one coming for awhile. He’s either inept or a liar, and the finance guy sold me on a bunch of shit on the prepaid maintenance. Said it covered tire replacement, only covers tire repair. Said that a key fob costs $940 dollars to replace, it’s $120. I actually thought they were being honest with me, but silly me.

2 Likes

It depends on how you look at it, but if you bought out your car, you’d be looking at $27.4k + sales tax + $9.1k in forgone equity. About ~39k total. But would have came out financing about $30k. Net net you paid about $9k more to go 2022 Accord Touring vs 6k mile 2019 330i. If you’re happy with that, then you made the right choice.

1 Like

60 days to cancel snake oil contract. Cooling off applies to cars only. Contracts are regulated by CA Dept of Insurance.

1 Like

One minor note I didn’t see addressed - Honda does have an app (Honda Link) that I regularly use to start my car remotely and confirm it’s locked (after my wife drives it lol)/

1 Like

Yeah I know, I was saying there should be a cooling off period on cars.

You’re right! Wow, I asked two salesman about it and they both said Honda doesn’t have one. Ridiculous. Looks like you only get a 3 month trial on most of the features which is bogus, comes standard with my BMW.

Holy ****!! $48k for an Accord nowadays? I get it’s top of line but man… I think I’m stuck buying out my 2020 Cx-5 lease :frowning:

Let’s not confuse the post-TTL number with the pre

1 Like

I know right? Taxes in LA are ~10% and the 48k includes a 2k prepaid maintenance plan. It’s the touring trim. You can definitely get a cheaper Accord if that’s what you’re looking for

1 Like

I think you did just fine. Of course, MSRP is ideal, but it’s easier said than done. You said that you got $9K equity out of your 3-series right? That type of equity on a Bimmer is never coming back, so it’s not a bad idea to cash in your chips now. If anything, you can consider your Accord deal at MSRP with $7K equity.

Immediately cancelling the prepaid maintenance is a no-brainer. If you plan on keeping the Accord for a while, I would purchase a 8-year Honda Care factory warranty plan instead. It’s been a while since I looked at this, but in the past, there have been out-of-state dealers who offer Honda Care contracts at extremely competitive prices online (often 50% lower than the local dealer’s finance guy). I believe that local dealers have complained about this practice to Honda corporate, so I won’t post a direct link here. PM me if you’re interested.

1 Like