Finance manager hook?

I have achieved a top level position in my career and a raise that will allow me to increase my lease payment. I have maxed out retirement savings and worked out extra mortgage payments to pay off home. What I’m getting at is I aligned my ducks to afford a crazier dumb car without guilt. I have a hook at a north east Bmw dealer whose close family member is the finance manager. Said person owes me a huge favor so to all the guys w knowledge on dealers, is a finance manager a high enough dealer hook to get a deal done? I’m not asking crazy, I’m looking for x3m or m3 when it comes out for 10 percent off prior to rebates. Of course it will depend on what’s going on during my shopping time but I’m curious to know if a finance manager is a little fish or a big fish to push a deal that will get a dealer some profit but probably not crazy

Finance managers wield a lot of power, actually.

A lot more than you’d think, so yeah. 10% before incentives wouldn’t be a huge issue on an X3M at all if their will is to get you that, hell I’d shoot for 13% and buy rate and UC+ included being in your shoes!

4 Likes

Thanks electric. Figured you would be a good source to ask. Much appreciated

A lot of the time when someone knows someone at a dealer, the offer ends up being abysmal

17 Likes

Exactly true :joy:

1 Like

shop his offer around. It’s business not personal. Give him a chance to earn your business however. A good relationship with the manager will make your leasing life easier in the future

2 Likes

This is 100% true and not only with leasing. One of the guys I work with is on the process of buying a house. Had a good “friend” that was a mortgage broker. Got him a rate with a few point buy down he wasn’t going to shop. I convinced him to shop it and low and behind he got the same rate with no points and a closing credit. Went back to original guy who was magically able to match it. Blew him off and saved almost 5k.

Moral of the story, always shop it.

5 Likes

Most of the time there’s a point where they have to ask their GSM for permission depending on the size of the discount. If they’re not asking the GSM, you’re not asking for enough!

Thanks guys. I’ll def shop the quote around. M’s seem to be a lot harder to get good quotes on. I’m not talking m3 or m4 being discontinued for new model completely, talking a m when they are still hot which will be most likely the case for a new m3. I’ll shop the quotes to nj as well since ny doesn’t do msds. Luckily looking at a year away, but Just trying to see if this is feasible or if I’m getting my hopes up. 10 percent on a x3m should get me near my 850 goal w a lower msrp (75kish msrp) yes that’s using today’s numbers so my goals may change. But a boy must dream and gives me purpose to look forward to a actual m car and kicking one off the bucket list. Any Ferrari brokers on here wanna scratch off another one off my bucket list :smirk::smirk::smirk:

Why would you spend that much on an X3 whether it comes with a meaningless M badge or not

3 Likes

The x3m has 510 bhp, not sure how the m is meaningless.

1 Like

Bc it’s an m…and it’s a practical m at that. 500 hp meaningless? As I prefaced my post, my ducks are in a row finance wise. Now it’s time to spend alil money to have some fun. I’m gonna take a guess here, but in a year or so I really don’t see the m3 which at best will be selling for maybe a month or two to be obtainable on anything resembling a good lease rate. I want to be at 850 a month and I think it’s obtainable w a 75k msrp which I can do on x3m and m3 but my guess is m3 numbers won’t be anywhere near x3m Bc of new model

1 Like

I would love an m5. I don’t think I’ll get near 850 w taxes rolled in. No I don’t want an m550 and no to m2 not practical. So maybe if m5 base there numbers get pushed w major support (highly doubt) that leaves me w m3 brand new and hot or x3m. I want a m car without being a typical m buyer. I won’t throw money at bmw Bc it’s an m. Maybe that will prevent me from getting into one just figured w some pull maybe it can happen.

Shop it first then to your friend to beat it last.

He will be less obligated to make the dealer money and more obligated to help you out.

That being said to answer your last question, you don’t need to know anyone to get a good deal.

2 Likes

m550 is faster than the x3m and on par with the m3, I’m the posterboy for calling these type of cars fake/baby M cars or Amg but they are great cars for the money I would rather spend $850 on an m550 than an x3m lol, m3 maybe different story but you can actually fit people in the back of a 5 series unlike a 3 series, x3 backseat is small too.

1 Like

Makaveli I have a m340 and can fit ppl in back just fine. Lol we’re not a family of giants. I agree m550 is great for the price. But I always wanted a m and feel like an m550 would just be settling. Anyway to score base m5 for 900 a month? Guessing he lucky to get it for 1k which I can probably get new m3 for cheaper at that pt based on lower msrp

1 Like

my mom fits in the back of a 3 series fine lol, but me my brother and dad are all 6 ft to 6’2 and 200 lbs+. I find anybody shorter than 5’10 is fine, after that it just depends on if they are lanky enough to fit.

base m5 at $1k is doable, you won’t get the colors or options you want but you could definitely grind it down to 1k.

Right now I am leasing a Hellcat Charger at about $630 a month and a Tacoma TRD Off-Road at about $250 a month. I don’t drag race the Hellcat and I don’t off-road the Tacoma and even with road trips and my wife driving the Taco sometimes I will be under miles on each. I have been seriously considering something like the X3 M Comp next time around.

how much do you want to spend? you might be better off getting an x5M, once you drive a hc for a while 500 hp ain’t gonna get you excited. On the other hand a jb4 might do the trick for you on the x3m.

X3M makes sport wagons obsolete basically, do it.

1 Like