Fellow texans, how do you feel about leasing a vehicle in Texas?

Hello
We only have one XT5 Loaner left. MSRP is almost $50k
We dont expect any full tax credits on XT5 for 2018.

There are killer deals on the CT6 right now.

I will send you a PM here shortly.

Hi, what kind of deals do you have on the ct6’s?

I will send you a PM

what deals you have on CT6’s? can you please provide the details. thanks

Sending you a PM

1 Like

Hi, Could you also PM me what kind of deals you have on the CT6s or CTS? Do the sedans also get partial tax credit or full tax credit?

Olman can you send me the details…I am also interested in leasing.

Sending PM

I’m also interested in the Cadillac lease deals. Thanks.

PM has been sent

1 Like

Send me PM. Thanks

Does anyone know if any BMW dealer in Texas has Jan tax credits. So sad I couldn’t buy one in December when tax credits were plenty.

I wanted to add my datapoint here. It contradicts some of statement regarding Lexus.

I was able to obtain tax credit on 2019 Lexus GX460. However, it was on last day of 2018 (Dec 31st).

LFS was doling out on RX and NX during their “December to Remember” campaign (source: 2 different dealership). LFS does not offer on GX. According to sales clerk, it was LFS decision and not dealer (but DP mentioned here otherwise). I brought up tax credit demand at the very end to close the deal (when we failed to meet MF and negotiated price) and made it contingent on tax credit.

Apparently they approved my deal because tax credit was expiring at the year end. However, I little trust in car sales folks. He might have been forcing me to do the deal on last day of the year.

I’m looking to lease a 2020 BMW X6 M package that’s out of state. I’ve never leased out of state. But after reading the posts on this thread… I think I should cast a wider net.
Here’s the very preliminary details of a car I’m considering: MSRP listed roughly 75k but asking 69k. Sales guy emailed me back saying it’s discounted cause it was a loaner (4K miles) and his dealership has leased everywhere in the nation EXCEPT Texas. He then asked the following:
Are your taxes paid up front or on the lease payment? What is that tax percentage? I wondered why he said “ leased everywhere BUT Texas”. Hmmmm… what am I missing here?

I’m not totally sure, but the answers to his question is that Texas sales tax is 6.5 paid on the front end or rolled onto lease payment. Is that correct?

Also, if any of you have advice based on your personal experience leasing out or state, or if there is another thread or website I can edify myself as a Texas resident leasing out of state…your direction and advice will be much appreciated.

And in case it’s not PAINFULLY obvious… total noob here. But willing to to do my homework.

Thanks!

Keep in mind that tax in texas is in the entire price of the vehicle, not just the lease payments.

I wouldn’t lease in texas unless it was from an in.state dealer with tax credits available.

1 Like

What in the world are you taking about?

1 Like

6.25% of the purchase price

1 Like

Your comment was in reference to how I check for tax credits or in reference to Japanese car makers not having tax credits as often?

1 Like

How about we just don’t necromance threads from two years ago.

3 Likes

Yes! I give it out all the time. Like all the time. That is how I make car deals. We disclose that information for the LHers.

1 Like