Feedback on this lease of a 2019 Audi A8?

Hi, new here, so let me know if I posted incorrectly.

I’m looking at leasing a 2019 A8. original “subtotal” on the sticker (after a 995 destination charge) is 109,665. There’s an audi executive credit now which brings this to 105,505, listed on the sticker as the new “total price”.

They are offering a lease of 39 months, with audi care, 10k miles/year, minimum down (gotta double check but i think just doc/title/reg + first month payment) of about $1380 (after taxes).

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!

UPDATED INFO:
MSRP $109k
Exec credit -4k
Rebate -3k
(+audi care, + 895 bank acquisition fee, - additional discount)
New cap cost = ~101k

51% Residual
0.000487 MF
~1900 due at signing which is just first month payment + ~500 doc/title/lic fees. They’re also shipping to home for free fwiw.

Yields POST tax monthly of around 1380.

You need significantly more information to evaluate this deal.

What is the sales price? What MF? What RV? What are the incentives?

This is a really bad deal on face value. I was offered $30k off without even asking. Problem is, the residual is so bad the payment was still $1000 a month.

1 Like

Thanks. Getting detailed breakdown tomorrow which I’ll post, my initial discussions were just off of monthly total cost.

@Ed_Churchward, this dealership seems nowhere near what you’re mentioning. Something about how you approached them? Or a special situationion? 30k off a 100k car seems like a lot to me, but I might be missing something. Or do you have a specific place you could refer me to that might be more reasonable.

This is a horrible way to try to negotiate a good deal.

1 Like

I’m open to any specific suggestions, and would appreciate the advice, I’m pretty new at this. From what I’ve been seeing rv and MF might not move much on the Audi lease, which I think leaves me still negotiating the sale price in order to have the biggest effect on the total cost over the course of the lease.

MF and RV will only change on a month to month basis based on what the bank is doing.

All you can do is research to find the incentives offered and any dealer cash available for your region and negotiate the sales price. Make sure there are no add one to the deal such as window tint and nitrogen filled tires (dealer profit).

If the dealer processing fee is high, you can try to negotiate that as well.

Adding audicare to your lease will increase RV by one point.

1 Like

Determine RV/MF/incentives first, then negotiate pre-incentive sales price and confirm those other numbers are correct.

The MSRP was $120k on the one I was looking at. Really took no effort to get there, it was their opening offer. This was in CA.

@Ed_Churchward wow, i should be shopping in california I guess, none of the dealerships i’ve spoken with offered anything like that.

I posted updated info above which I’m including here. To clarify I’m not trying to compare lease vs buy. lease is better for me. Basically need to see if anyone else has recent experience leasing this car and has advice if this is a good lease term or not:

UPDATED INFO:
MSRP $109k
Exec credit -4k
Rebate -3k
(+audi care, + 895 bank acquisition fee, - additional discount)
New cap cost = ~101k

51% Residual
0.000487 MF
~1900 due at signing which is just first month + ~500 id doc/title/lic fees. They’re also shipping to home for free fwiw.

Yields POST tax monthly of around 1380.

That sounds an awful lot like you’re paying full MSRP to me. Where is the dealer discount?

Edit: I see you have it in the last bit now. They’re giving you what, $3k-4k max? Find a new dealer.

Sorry, I was mistaken on the MSRP, but here is the deal sheet.

uhm are you dealing with @AudiGuan on this?

@Ed_Churchward so the msrp was 91k and they listed cap cost of 66k? That does seem like a good deal. Thanks for sharing that.

@Bjam no I am not, why do you ask?

They work for Audi Beverly Hills so might be worth sending them a message.

@Bjam, good suggestion, thanks

Got quoted 899 plus texas tax on a 107k msrp A8. Linked the dealership the leasehackr calculator and they got really close to it. Almost at the 1% rule, honestly the more I visit this forum the more I see that broker deals aren’t all that. Given how bad audi leases I personally think it’s a pretty good deal.

This isnt a useful metric for anything. Forget you’ve ever heard of such drivel.

But but… the wise leasehackers told me its 1% or its trash!

I think you misunderstood. It should have been “the 1% rule is trash”