Feedback on Koons CDJ ... Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Deal

Looking for the skinny on Koons CDJ in Vienna. Reputation seems questionable and WOW pricing seems to good to be true.

I’ve read through all the fine print and I can’t figure out what’s the catch. They seem to be applying the proper incentives for me and the calculations all check out.

Spent all day trying to get a price confirmation vi email and got nowhere. But they have this buy online system, that quite honestly, I would just pull the trigger if I get what they actually say I will get.

Is this a bait and switch? FWIW this would be a cash deal.

They add the freight back, I believe. And may be stacking all purchase incentives.
Try Criswell in MD, they could be better.

4 Likes

The vehicle I’m looking at is listed for about 18% off pre-incentive at Koons WOW price. If you go into their “start buying process online” they actually let you add incentives on top of this price. If I add back in the $1696 extra freight charge and $500 in excessive fees, I am still at 14% off pre-incentive.

Locally I have not found a dealer willing to go more the 2% off MSRP on the same vehicle.

Pretty sure you double count incentives even if they allow you to add them. They are also for their financing.

1 Like

What is the vehicle? You can pm if you don’t feel comfortable sharing.

Talked to Koons and Criswell when ordering my JLU a couple months back. Koons wasn’t too competitive and Criswell had a big discount but MF was jacked up really high. Ended up at a dealer in PA and got a much stronger deal for an order.

Looked into Criswell but they have no inventory of interest. Was put in touch with Craig Benner at Koons, who handles all the forum referrals. He has been very responsive and is offering me 4% below invoice on a factory order, or the WOW price on current stock. I’ll see where this goes.

Well as suspected the WOW price is garbage. The unit was advertised at $35,698 and working with Craig he gave me an actual price of $40,548 pre-incentive… and then you have a $1495 destination charge and a $899 doc fee to factor back in. The difference is between the prices seems to be the $4850 rebate incentive, so they are double counting incentives as suggested, but not surprising.

1 Like

What is the vehicle you are seeking? Wrangler possibly?

Dodge Challenger Scat Pack

Typical VA dealership with their freight bs.

Dealers do everything they can to have their prices show up first in a search sorted by price low to high on various search websites.

Craig at koons is the go to guy for everyone on the hellcat forums.

He does 4% under invoice on ordered hellcats, no idea what he does on scat packs but I would assume super competitive, all they really stock is hellcats and scat packs.

Yeah, Craig has been great. And the 4% under invoice stands for the Scat Packs. Also, when you order you pay no extra delivery fee. No complaints with Craig at all… Just was a bit mislead by their internet pricing.

My concern with ordering is the rebates are pretty killer right now and who know what rebates will exist when the car shows up. I was trying to score an in-stock unit, but I’ll probably go the order route.

What are the rebates for the scat pack rn? I haven’t kept up with the market, widebody market is dry atm, I have been hunting for a hc wb.

I’m qualifying for $6350 in rebates right now on a Scat Pack.

$4850 in power cash
$1000 in penfed incentive
$500 in conquest incentive

You are purchasing? Power Dollars isn’t going anywhere.

Can’t speak for pendfed or conquest

However you should be good for order.

When you order a scat/hc you can lock in the power dollars.

All the rebates have an expiration of 9/30 right now, even the power dollars. Perhaps they will continue the program, but it probably makes sense to wait until 10/1 to make sure. I was told I couldn’t lock in the power dollars because they can only order 2021’s now, no more 2020s. Yes, cash purchase.

Power dollars has been going on for more than a year, it’s an open secret on the forums that without the rebate they can’t sell the hc/redeye.

It’s set to expire every month but it’s good until the end of year.

1 Like

Wow! That brings back memories! I was a “car porter” there in high school about 30 years ago. I can say it was a great place to work…30 years ago…when you’re 16 years old. Hope that helps! :joy::joy::joy: