Federal EV tax credit overhaul

Correct. Those only apply to section 30

If you are a current Bolt lessee you get 3750, plus there is another 6300 rebate plus Costco and supplier. 12.5k in rebates on 22 models.

Yes - that’s best case scenario of stackable rebates, although costco expires on the 3rd. Keep in mind, the 6300 rebate on a 22 really isn’t a rebate - it just brings the 22 down to the same msrp of a 23. Thus, a 22 likely has a trash residual so it all nets out to be same as a 23.

1 Like

That is true. I just found a 22 that was exactly what I wanted. Otherwise I would get a 23

GM has their (poop) in order. I don’t think other carmakers have provided their customers with this required form yet.

1 Like

Has anyone put the new tax change to test with the dealers already?

I wonder if all new plan will come out Jan 4th :smirk:

Not up to the dealer. If the finance company passes on the federal tax credit we will see it in their incentives. Dealer has no control.

Ha! Good point!

I guess we’ll wait till the 4th

Does anyone know what qualifies as a “dealer” for the used EV tax credit? Is it anyone with a dealer license? Or is there paperwork involved the dealer needs to process? I know big brand name dealerships are probably more on the ball, but what if I buy from one of those small used car dealers?

For tax credits, The dealer is irrelevant. Only the purchasing entity is relevant. Ie either the bank for the lease or the consumer for purchase.

For a new vehicle, absolutely.

For a used vehicle, no. A used ev purchase to get the used EV tax credit must be performed through a dealer and requires some extra verification steps. You’d need someone at least slightly competent, especially in the early months of figuring out all the details.

Looks like the first one to offer the 7500 pass through on electric vehicles is Mercedes Benz.

Waiting to see the rest fall in line :smirk:

1 Like

Jeep/Chrysler have been since day 1.

1 Like

Local Kia and Hyundai dealer completely clueless. Their standard answer, Hyundai and KIA do not comply with Federal Tax Credit, since cars are not manufactured in the US.

The dealers arent involved anyway

1 Like

I guess most people are not good at their own job.

3 Likes

Are they doing Lease incentives for pass through?

A salesman’s job is to sell a car for as high a price as possible. Many salesmen I have dealt with know little about leases or the specs of the cars they are selling.

3 Likes

There isnt a world where id be even having a conversation with a salesman about the tax credit

5 Likes

There are knowledgeable people working at car dealerships. A local Chevy dealer salesperson alerted me to the changed rules after Dec 29, for instance. It is helping him to move every Bolt coming in quickly. Why would / should he not be interested in regulations and back end financing that will affect his sales numbers?