Federal and State EV tax credits

So I have reached out to a few Jeep Dealerships just to kinda see where they’re at price wise with the Wrangler 4xe and every time the return a quote, they say there are no incentives at all and they come back with a monthly payment between $750-$900 for a Sahara. It was my understanding that so far with the Wranglers that Chrysler Capital is passing off the $7500 Federal Tax Credit to their Lessees through a lease rebate. Also in NYS at qualified dealerships there is also the $1100 NYS Drive Clean rebate that the 4xe qualifies for as well. Am I wrong in assuming they they both apply? NYS Drive Clean states that it is a point of sale rebate for purchase and leases at qualified dealerships. Any direction would be great.

Sounds like they’re either using a bank that doesn’t pass things on, or more likely, they’re charging about $8600 over MSRP.

1 Like

In the lease sheets they have provided, it doesn’t look like there is any markup at all. You could be right but they have no mention of the federal rebate anywhere even on their breakdown. Also at least one of them confirmed that they are leasing through Chrysler Capital. I just don’t want to email back and tell them they’re wrong ya know?

So don’t. Move on to a different dealer.

1 Like

Exactly. Rather than “catching their honest mistake”, I’d move on to someone who is honest. This thread might help with pointers:

1 Like

Appreciate it. That thread inspired me to look around my area. Not super hopeful but worth a shot, Carvana is offering $1000 over payoff for my current 9 month old lease so I figured now is the time if ever to try and snag one.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.