FCA and PSA to merge?!?!?!?

In my experience quite a few cars can be fun for a few days and then the novelty wears off. That’s when I realize I’d never buy one.

1 Like

Firstly, this is going to be death of the Chrysler brand right? It’s been hanging on with a minivan and an ancient full-size that nobody wants for ages and I can see the brand just disappearing entirely under this new entity.

Secondly, YAY! I actually think this is a good move. We lease here, so who cares about long term reliability (which will almost certainly be awful) Peugeot and Citroën have some really interesting SUV’s that I think would do well here. BUT mainly because I’ve previously owned many, terribly unreliable, but quirky and characterful tiny french city cars and I would be first in line to put my money where my mouth is on an e-208 that will almost assuredly not come to the US. BUT JUST LOOK AT IT. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Maybe the opposite. IMO, it makes the most sense for Peugeot to rebadge their cars as Chryslers. Chrysler has almost no lineup currently, and Peugeot has a TERRIBLE reputation in the US.

Peugeot also makes no gas engines which overlap with FCA NA products (nothing bigger than a 1.6L). So it would make a ton of sense to drop GME T4/Pentastar into some Peugeot’s and sell them in the US.

2 Likes

Perhaps @chrishs2000 is onto something. That strategy may work for this [ambitious] plan.

What’s the Over/Under on them actually surviving until 2026?

Le Mouton 1500 Rebelle 4x4

1 Like

Same as the Browns going .500 this season. I teased this unique combo in Vegas for great odds :rofl:

2 Likes

PSA and FCA are actually both quite profitable. It says a lot that PSA makes money selling cars in Europe, when no one else does.

This makes way more sense than the Renault merger did, with all of their baggage (aka NISSAN).

1 Like

What are they going to name the combined company?

Fiat Chrysler Peugeot Citroën Groupe Alliance?

1 Like

FCA has nice products, but their “dealer network” is complete GARBAGE not eligible for recycling.

Might as well start from scratch PSA.

When is their contract up for building the E2XX Regal?

Aside from the Alfa QF models, this is debatable.

1 Like

Everything is debatable. Opinions, opinions.

Not sure. I know Cascada already stopped. I’m sure FCA will be happy to take money from GM :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well atleast they didnt merge with Nissan-Reanult. That would have been a cluster of epic proportions. They would have been the pinnacle for terrible cars that sit broken down…

That’s because of Jeep and Ram, right? I don’t think FCA has any clue how to sell compacts and vehicles slightly larger than compacts in the US

1 Like

I think you’re probably right. I can see a Chrysler badge on some of the French SUVs - but surely Chrysler’s reputation is equally as bad as Peugeot at this point? Can’t be any worse than Alfa or Fiat…and Peugeot still sells in Mexico right? I wouldn’t be mad to see some more ‘interesting’ SUV’s on the road here…

1_Peugeot-3008a

Correct. The cash cow is in the US. The Fiat brand is a total dumpster fire right now in Europe, and of course completely failed here.

FCA and PSA have different top markets… US/Italy/Brazil and France/Germany/UK respectively so there’s really not much overlap.

@Bjam those are some ugly ass cars :sweat_smile: Maybe they will look better with a HELLCAT IN THEM!!! /2pac

1 Like

hahah well they’d still look like garbage but the SOUND tho…:smiley:

1 Like