Faulty - Alfa Romeo, suggestions please

Hello

I have leased an Alfa Romeo giulia (2019) and i really like the car. However, this is like the 4th time i am having it towed to the dealership.

First time it did not want to start or work at a has station.

Second time, it died on me without any reason and started throwing error messages all over the place.

Third and 4th, dead battery when the temp is around 40’s. Power steering wheel dead and hill control disabled.

Ugh!!! recalls (4 so far)!!!

I am frustrated at this point. I leased it May 2019 and 3 yrs, 36k miles.

What are my options of getting out of the lease other than paying the lease amount?

1 Like

What state are you in? How many days has the vehicle spent at the dealer getting serviced?

(Depending on your answers, talking to a lemon law attorney may be the right path forward)

3 Likes

Ah, the Alfa ownership experience. You’re just supposed to look at the vehicle, not drive it!

5 Likes

quote it with carvana, vroom, algo etc. I just sold my 2019 Giulia, but I’ve had 0 issues with mine.

1 Like

If it’s lemon eligible, selling it to carvana/etc would be leaving potentially thousands of dollars on the table

4 Likes

They’re happiest in their natural habitats: flat beds and service storage lots.

1 Like

I am in Texas. Probably around 10 days at max. i will have to look lemon lawyer up. New to these terms.

Hey man. going to PM you.

Super clear lemon law in TX: https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law

3 Likes

But as per my understanding here, it says it should be the same issue multiple times. mine is not that scenario. its a different issue all the time.

Is it though? Multiple times not starting/dying due to weird electrical issues. Just because they diagnosed it as different solutions each time doesn’t mean it actually was something different.

Talk to a lemon attorney. They do free consultations and will let you know if you have any standing.

1 Like

Correct most states are similar in that sense, same issue 3-4 times+ or 30+ cumulative days out of service. At this point you need to contact manufacturer via certified mail about Lemon law after which they will be given last notice to repair, if they fail to do so they may lemon it, buy it back or refuse all together at this point you will wish you had a Lemon law lawyer go thru the process for you. Another option is arbitration.

It does not seem that you qualify.

There is no good reason to not use a lemon attorney for this.

It is free to have a professional that does this day in and day out represent you.

2 Likes

Understood. I just spoke to them about the buyout price of the car. They said it is 21,331 +6.25% sales tax = $22,554.

dealer payoff is 21,331, they dont pay tax. Now go obtain quotes and see what the difference is.

That’s what I’m advocating, best not to go the Lemon route without a lawyer. No manufacturer wants to buyback their faulty product.

There are plenty of good threads about lemons here, I’ve posted about my three in several.

You are in the “building your case” phase: get all your ROs together, be sure that you tell them what to put on the RO. You are trying to either group them all into one problem with multiple (failed) repairs, or enough individual repairs to hit 30 days in service. Don’t mention to FCA yet you have a lawyer (ever, let a lemon lawyer notify them, they’ll stop talking to you) but you can as other’s suggested contact one to get their advice.

They’ll likely tell you to keep taking it back for repairs and documenting them. The sooner you do, the sooner it’s over.

You leased a gorgeous sports car, and got a project. Be glad you didn’t buy it. Good luck!

2 Likes

Depending on the brand, exercising lemon law is pretty easy. It was pretty common for people to fake service issues to lemon or DFT out of JLR product. I’ve heard Mercedes is pretty easy too. Just contact corporate without a lawyer and see what they say.

1 Like

You sold yours for some negative right?