Fair App - any good?

Hey @seekallpossibilities and @Stevn0816:

Fair monthly payments occur in arrears. So, your Start Payment is the price to get you in the car (billed immediately) and then you’ll be billed for the first month at the beginning of the second month.

Please reach out to friends@fair.com with questions about payments!

Promo Code SHAANR100 offers $1,000 off Start Payment and expires 2/28/18. Promo doesn’t apply to taxes, fees, registration, or monthly payments. Promo excludes rideshare partner programs.

Please reach out to me (shaanr@fair.com) with questions!

Can I use a credit card? only saw bank account and debit

Thanks for clarifying the payment.

I only saw the option to use my bank account or debit card for my start payment and associated new account fees. But I do see that you can use a credit card to make your monthly payments. You just have to call them or email to set up after you pick up your car. To make your initial payments with a credit card, you might need to call or email to clarify this ability.

Thanks, I will check with them later

Has anyone tested the FAIR price guarantee yet? I noticed that the same vehicle leased in January is now $20 a month cheaper per month in the app, all the same trim at the same dealer with similar mileage. I check the app often and the FAIR monthly price in the same for a dealer in NoCal and SoCal. These all the same year, trim and have low miles. What is the best way to present this data to FAIR since they state: You won’t find a lower monthly payment on a comparable loan or lease. That’s our Fair Price Guarantee – just screen cap and send to the concierge? Share your price guarantee experience please! Thanks.

Seriously, do you get paid by them for your non-stop promotions? You got your deal and you are happy, we get it. But now it starts looking like vine reviews on Amazon. He is here, let him promote his business.

2 Likes

I think you are misinterpreting the way the guarantee works. I doubt there is any guarantee at this point: prices change week to week, day to day, month to month. I Assume the intent is if you find a lower price on a similar car before you lease, perhaps they would work to match it.

Hey @Ursus! Just to be clear, I do work at Fair :slight_smile: I don’t get paid for people using my codes or signing up at all, though.

I’m just here to help answer questions and provide savings as best I can.

I wasn’t talking about you. That’s what I told the guy - to let you promote your business here :slightly_smiling_face:

mabye it is time to have a referral program going:grinning:

Hi guys, I’m curious to understand better how their approval process works, is it only based on credit score or do they take other factors into account, such as banking history and employment status? What did they ask you when you signed up and got approved? Do pricing change based on the credit check they do? Thanks

I got a pretty bad experience with the app. I pick a vehicle two weeks ago and the car got canceled 4 days later saying that the vehicle is unavailable. Then I booked another car and was automatically cancelled after another 4 days. I check the app to see if the car is still available, it is. I called the customer services asking what is going on with all these cancellation. The rep told me to book from another dealer since the dealer I tried to book from doesn’t have experience with the app. Tried to book the same car again, it was unavailable. I don’t understand this fair app, I thought it says the process is really easy hassle free but that is not what I am experiencing. I would say the price is pretty high for the car especially all the trouble I gone through just trying to get a car.

Hey @Lorentz!

The approval process is super quick and occurs entirely in the app. All you’ve got to do is scan your drivers license with your iPhone/Android camera and Fair pulls a soft credit check. Then, we ask for income. You’ll instantly receive your approval decision and the maximum monthly payment you qualify for.

Monthly prices may change based on credit, just like a lease or loan. We still maintain the Fair Price Guarantee though (regardless of credit profile).

Please reach out to me (shaanr@fair.com) or our awesome concierge team with questions! 1-800-584-5000.

@Stevn0816,

I’m REALLY sorry to hear about your experience!

I’m going to try to make this right ASAP. Please email me (shaanr@fair.com) so I can follow up.

Hi @shaan

Thanks for the info! Do you allow to apply also to people with no credit score (i.e. recently moved to the US)? Do you look at other things such as banking history and income as well?

I’m getting my us license next week and wanted to apply then, but have no credit score yet, however I do have a bank account since about a year and with some balance, and have stable income. Do you think I’d be approved, even if at higher rates, or just not at all?

Hi Shaan,

I have a bunch of medical school friends who will be learning in March where they will be all over the country for residency. Wish I knew about this when I had moved. They usually start thinking about moving arrangements April-July. Hope you have a code for them to use then!

Thanks!

Tried to use the fair app, but I have to say the whole start payment not including a one month drive off is a very big con. It seems as if the app is specifically not mentioning that the start payment doesn’t include first month payment and an actual drive off. When I did find a car I wanted, I emailed for a price match and they were FAIRLY rude, saying that price matches don’t usually occur because they have the “BEST” deals, the Jag XE with 12k miles was $410 with $1300 down + registration which they don’t include in start payment or monthly ($450 at least). Overall great concept, but it seems scammy with the lack of specific language especially when @shaan is calling the payments “ARREARS” which again does not directly state that the START payment is NOT a DRIVE OFF, it is simply a cap reduction, you aren’t paying for a penny of wear with the start payment, you just get the key and a credit pull, then you get charged for driving.

1 Like

Hi Shaan,
I’m an Android user in the DC area and I missed the promotions that expired in February. Will there be any new promotions - either general or targeted - coming soon?

I haven’t signed a contract yet, but I’m looking at the app now and it is very clear about pricing and about what the start payment represents. You could make a case that it’s expensive or that you’d prefer the payments be structured differently, but it certainly doesn’t seem scammy to me.