F1 visa, Lease options

, , , ,

That’s the only thing that the banks verify. They don’t care how long the person is in US.

BMWFS certainly does (or did). Duration of stay needed to match or exceed the loan or lease length

Are you talking about I-20? Or F1? Because those are two different things

At what point would they have checked or found out?

Only ones I know of who give issue are Honda financial and Audi financial as they want lease/loan term to match visa term. BMWFS does not care.

There is no showing on the credit report on legalities of stays unless the customer brings it up

Citizenship could have been a question on the credit app

Where do you ever see that on the credit app though? It’s a civil rights issue and can get in a lawsuit

Was in the same situation couple years ago. BMWFS don’t care, Audi FS don’t care. But do prepare to pay higher MF and more down pay. I wasted some money by paying high down pay for a BMW - learnt a lesson hard way. If you see higher MF or downpay simply because of your VISA status, turn around and build up a good credit history and come back a few years later. Don’t let the mindset drives you especially fresh out of school.

In a mortgage application, the citizenship/PR question is definitely there, especially when it’s a full doc loan.

Don’t recall when/if the last time I saw the questions on auto products though… :man_shrugging:

In any case, the thin/no credit history on a new applicant is usually enough to make credit-worthiness decisions.

2 Likes

I am not sure how they figure out but they do. I was not able to secure financing through Honda in past and this time also it came up but they approved me since I have a 30 year mortgage. SSN card has a note printed on it for visa folks which states “Not valid for employment unless authorized by DHS” so my guess is that’s stored in some system as well since I never shown my SSN card, but they still find out. Its funny banks don’t care giving mortgages but some of these auto finance companies do.

Visa status has no bearing on MF. It may have been a short credit history.

Right, what I am saying is the customer is the one who brings it up in the auto world. It’s never in the auto credit app and it never will.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.