F-150 Lightning - Finally ready to order but I don't want it!

I placed a reservation for the F-150 Lightning back in October 2021. I finally received the email to place the order. Now, I don’t really want it anymore.

Before I pass on the order, is there any value to ‘flipping’ the car? Or, can I sell the reservation?

I waited over a year for this and feel there’s some value here.

Thanks.

Which trim?

They are going for msrp on carsandbids.

Flip maybe if you live somewhere that stacks tax credits and you get a trim under $80k threshold.

Yet to be determined. That’s the point I’m at. But, it will likely be the Lariat or the Platinum. These are the only two trims available for Spring 23 delivery.

I’m in a similar boat and after looking at recent sales, I’m probably just going to cancel my reservation. At current sale prices, I don’t think there will be much money to make later this year. I test-drove one and liked it but it’s too big and too much money for me at the moment. Hopefully a Lightning Ranger or Maverick is around the corner.

Yeah at this point these trucks are not worth 80-90k & be able to flip them for decent profit if any at all.

I was on the fence about it when the new tax law was enacted, and Ford increased the price to over the $80k mark for Lariat ER. With my Lemon F-150 Platinum experience that I’m going through now, I’m officially off the fence. I’m also cancelling my reservation.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.