Extremely frustrated--I feel like I'm being taken advantage of because I'm a woman

My husband and I need a second car and are interested in leasing a Mazda CX-5, GTR. This forum (and Edmunds) have been very helpful and I now consider myself educated about what a “good” deal on this car would be.

I have called no less than six dealerships in my state (NJ) and almost all refuse to negotiate with me over the phone/email. I’ve opened up the conversation by giving them the stock number of the car I’m interested in, giving them the sales price I desire (before incentives/fees), and asking if they can meet it or come close to it. The sales people that have responded to me have quoted me crazy high numbers, I’m talking high $500s for this car. I’m not looking for a crazy good deal, my starting number is 10% off of the MSRP and with the MF/residual and no down payment, that should be a lease in the high $300’s.

I can’t help but be frustrated. I’m sure that if I asked my husband to call, he would get a better reception. Does anyone have any advice?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wording Emails for the Deal?