Extend i8 Warranty or LeaseHack Sports Vehicle

Hey guys. Been a minute since I made a thread. I purchased a 2015 i8 last year in August. I’ve enjoyed it very much and put about 8k miles on it in the 8 months I’ve had it for. I purchased it for around 80k as I couldn’t lease (BMW rejected me because I didn’t have like payments at the time). My current payment is 1250 a month at which I did for 60 months.

So the warranty and maintanence package runs out next month on the 6. So I’m trying to decide if I should extend it or try to leasehack another vehicle. The numbers for the extended warranty is 12MO- 1075, 24MO-2095, 36MO-2931.

If I did lease a car I would like for it to be a sports car or something with sports package Such as Demon Challenger, SS/ZL1 Camaro or 740 with M package.

I’m located in Atlanta Georgia. What suggestions do you guys have? What would you do.

Thanks

I would decide for myself.

3 Likes

Does the extended warranty cover everything the original warranty does, or are there a lot of exclusions? I’m a huge fan of in-warranty cars especially on BMW and Mercedes models. I’ve had one out-of-warranty BMW, and that was enough for a lifetime.

I understand. But I’m torn. I really can go anyway. So just want to weigh my options and see what people recommend.

Then we won’t have another year of fun reading his posts.

Like this:

1 Like

A lease on a new i8 coupe would be cheaper than what you’re currently paying, fwiw.

Subtext: i8 didn’t make much difference with the ladies. Let’s try again with a different car!

5 Likes

sell the i8 and lease a new one.

Sell the i8, lease an M3 CS, be unhappy with the M3, transfer the M3, and buy back your original i8.

5 Likes

Did you read my post on the other thread? Your post is similar to my situation.

@Electrifi38 I don’t believe so. Can you link me please.

@max_g I’m not getting a car for the ladies. I don’t even drive my i8 when I go out. I rather Uber then to drink and drive.

1 Like

Better yet, start DRIVING for Uber with the i8! It will pay for itself in a matter of centuries!

4 Likes

What is the value of the i8 right now? That’s the only piece of information that matters.

It’s probably around $40k trade-in, $45k-$50k private party.

One would hope that PrettyBoy hasn’t paid $5/mi for an i8.

you paid 80k 9 months ago? a 2015 i8 is probably worth in the 50’s now…

Sticker was about 71. After taxes and all that stuff was close to the 80k.

Right now =/ August 2018.

Define “stuff”

HE’S baaaaaaack

2 Likes