Experience with Honcker - Audi A4

My son has leased two cars through Honcker, both without issue (Honda & Chevy).

I’d guess they do charge dealers a fee but some look at it as a lead generation service and don’t view the agreed upon prices as firm. Honckee doesn’t yet have the leverage to contract that the dealer must sell at the agreed upon price or else they pay some sort of damages. I can see why dealers are afraid of this and similar apps. These apps, if they succeed, will set a price ceiling and cost dealers the x% of deals from clueless people who pay 2%+ of MSRP as a monthly payment. Dealers survive on these fat deals. Someone at the dealership probably decided they could do better than the Honckr deal and may have realized the danger of the app for their business.

Without franchise laws, we would all buy cars this way. Ford would either sell direct to us or a company like Amazon would but 10k F-150s and sell them online for a fixed price.

these franchise laws got to go

1 Like

Well, it’s not like there are consumer advocacy groups pumping enough money into lobbies to push for the changes…

Sorry to hear about your issues.

I leased 2 cars from Honker earlier this year and couldn’t have had a better experience. Once car was $70 less per month than my regular lease broker could get. He even asked me if it was legit.

Both cars were exactly the price they said in the app, and were sitting in my driveway with 36 hours of clicking the lease button.

If a broker can’t beat Honcker they should be ashamed

Worth a check for anyone looking for a 2018 Audi A4 P+ at 23% off MSRP