EVStock web app: nationwide search for EV inventory for different brands

Your question is actually super relevant in context of actual stock availability. This tool gets the data from manufacturer’s centralized inventory APIs. On the upside, faster searches, wider results, more consistent data. On the downside, from what I’ve seen, dealers update their own sites faster when stock is sold for example, and it usually takes some extra time for them to report it back to update centralized inventory repositories.

So in this case it’s not just that dealer needs to update their site, they also need to update their manufactures on a fact of sale. Not sure about specifics, but usually results from such centralized inventory databases do lag behind actual inventory status.

3 Likes

Added Polestar 2 (huh, apparently that’s an EV thing). Their API is restricted to 1 dealer inventory per search, so I’m gathering results from all dealers nationwide, but there is an individual dealer filter if you want to select one (or few) closest to you.

4 Likes

Your continued attention and updates are appreciated, an outstanding product!

2 Likes

Added BMW i3.

4 Likes

Just in time. Inventory is thin, but I saw last night that PenFed has $11k in purchase incentives. Hopefully the i3 super fans scoop up the remaining ones.

3 Likes

Is the only requirement to be a penfed member?

AFAIK yes (as long as you buy not lease). Login to your account and click on the car buying link, and BMW, it shows the purchase incentive by model.

Unfortunately it looks like the rebate is not combinable with the “monthly BMW sales programs”. So I am assuming the max rebate would be 3000 (loyalty) + 11000 (penfed) IF you can get the dealer to stack loyalty and penfed.

Otherwise it should be 3000 (loyalty) + 7500 (lease or finance cash), right?

If you purchase the tax credit would be handled separately, not included in the Pedfed or BMW incentives. Not sure about loyalty but I believe OL would stack with Penfed.

BMW of Sudbury seems to be clondike of i3’s :slight_smile:

Fixed Audi search. Their API devs decided to change format for one of the date fields, which was causing int overflow

“availableFromDate” : 2524604400000

(is that suppose to be a timespan in seconds since Noah’s ark launch date :confused:)

Fixed Bolt search: there is no inventory anymore, just a message coming back.

Rest seems to be still working fine.

2 Likes

Added VW ID.4. Took a while to figure out how to properly consume their API. Sneaky sneaky devs tsk tsk

3 Likes

Rusty, looks like Ford isn’t working any longer. Would it also be possible to add something for Ioniq5 too?

1 Like

That’s recurring issue with Ford search, they change their API key every couple days, and I need to extract and update it in my code. I pushed the fix, should be working now.

Good idea. I’ll look into it.

Edit: added Ioniq 5. Last option in model dropdown, make sure you select 2022 as a year.

3 Likes

Hey sorry to bother you, but Ford is down again; any chance you can take a look when you have time? Thanks in advance, really appreciate you offering this tool to the LH fam!

No worries, literally takes me few minutes to update the key. It’s fixed, should work now.

1 Like

Added EV6 to Kia search.

3 Likes

You rock!
heavy-metal-constructioning

1 Like

Ford search update: I figured out how to get their most recent up to date valid API key programmatically in the code, based on zip. There is no need anymore to periodically update it manually, and Ford search should be working uninterrupted by these API key expirations now.

Let me know if you guys continue to see problems with Ford search.

1 Like

FYI: Nissan search doesnt seem to be working