1. In response to a unicorn deal: "Can you share your salespersons name please? I want one also. Great deal."
As if knowing a salesperson’s name was all it took to replicate a one-off unicorn deal. Tip: No dealer is looking to lose thousands on yet another car unless they have to.
2. "Just signed a lease. Civic for $xxx/month. Is this deal any good?"
Standard response: Yikes, you should’ve asked before signing. Better luck next time.
3. "Leasehackr Calculator is broken."
Problem: User didn’t change default inputs, such as RV and MF.
4. An actual PM to me: "I am interested in the Cadillac XT4 lease or any other Cadillac vehicles you have. Please send the details at [redacted]@yahoo.com. Thank you."
Solution: Retain the services of an actual broker. Or pose a question to the broader LH community, after doing your research (i.e., searching forum, obtaining quotes, etc.). Either option is a better strategy than sending random private messages.
5. New topic: "299 a month for 36 months 10k miles. About 3k due at signing. Going to see what they have for at least 12k miles and maybe look at doing a 24 or 36 mo lease."
Cool story. But if you’re looking for feedback, we’ll need more details: MSRP of the car in question, selling price, incentives included, location, etc. Without that information, no one can comment on the deal.
6. "What’s the cheapest car I can lease? Don’t care what it is."
This is sort of an impossible question, because it varies for everyone. What incentives do you qualify for? Where are you located? Also, the dealer discount is a big factor in the cost of a lease, and that always varies on a case-by-case basis.
Feel free to elaborate on these and add your own.
Note this isn’t intended to be snarky. Rather, it’s a compilation of frequent LH occurrences that will help us create useful content for newbies.