EV or PHEV options

I am really intrigued to sell my ram eco diesel while the market is hot and lease something for 2-3 years till EV trucks are on the market. I have an early reservation for a Lightning but am wanting to step into the EV market with this lease and am looking for good options. Right now the obvious choice is the Wrangler 4xe. I am close to ordering one but want to see if I am missing any other good EV or PHEV deals/options.

Requirements -

• must have 4 doors to get reimbursed for work
  • would like an SUV so I can put a hitch bike rack. Would consider a car but it needs to be a smoking deal.
  • of course it needs to be something I can get a really good deal on
  • payments need to stay under 500/ month

I live in TX so that adds to the challenge because once I find a vehicle I need to find someone willing to do sales tax credit to prevent the large tax payment upfront.

4xe sounds like the best choice. Otherwise, you’re probably looking at a niro/kona

1 Like

I would probably wait for Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. 2022 getting all the praises from YouTube reviewers and PHEV promises new and bigger battery, third row, and it should be under $500

Just looked it up. Looks like Q2 of next year. Not sure I want to wait that long. I feel my eco diesel ram needs to go soon. Otherwise I’d just drive it till the lightning is available.

My other option may be to just find a good 24 month lease on a truck. Need to look back into the Toyota trucks. I know for a while they had some great lease deals.

lol what? Youtube reviewers???

1 Like

That’s so last year, much like everything else. 4xE no regrets.

BTW, the Mitsu only has 24 mile battery? My 4xE gets 27-28 miles a charge, and those few extra add up.

Mitsubishi Motors is a dying company. It had to be given a lifeline by Nissan of all people. No one else would touch it.

Some people are still getting solid deals on the 330e but I know you said you prefer an SUV

Hyundai Tuscon and Santa Fe will get PHEV versions soon. They will hit the dealers probably this month or next it seems. I heard that Kia Sorento PHEV is on the way too.
Then Ford Escape Phev.

If you want a cheap SUV/CUV phev. Consider the Kia niro or the Mitsubishi Outlander phev.

Not much in that price segment
Sub 500.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.