European Sports Lease Questions

Thanks to Hackr Alex and Benedetto for taking some time to review things with me.

Alex asked if I could instead post this to help other hackers with similar questions.

I started trying to negotiate for an Alfa Romeo guilia 2017. Eventually stalled at 425/mo tax included, msrp 41.4k, 10k/27mo lease. 500 down. 11% off msrp, 4750 rebates. I got freaked out about some guilia forum reports about bad software and the car stalling in A or D modes and since placed it on hold.

I’ve since started to negotiate / look into bmw m240i (msrp 47k) and Audi s3 (msrp 47k). Seem more reliable. But have hit a wall as the residuals are terrible.

Does anyone have any experience with the the bmw and audi models above and is it as bad as most of the forum suggests. Or is it more specific to these s , m (sport oriented) trims?

Would a target of 500/mo or less out the door ( 0 down, 10k, 36mo) be a lease hacker worthy success or a pipe dream (aka impossible) for the s3 or m240i?

Thanks for all your insight!

Hey bud! Welcome to the Leasehackr community. I will attempt to answer your questions in bold.

I started trying to negotiate for an Alfa Romeo guilia 2017. Eventually stalled at 425/mo tax included, msrp 41.4k, 10k/27mo lease. 500 down. 11% off msrp, 4750 rebates. I got freaked out about some guilia forum reports about bad software and the car stalling in A or D modes
im not too familiar with the stalling issues- but I do not Fiat is not known for their reliability overall. The price is steep. I honestly think you can do better with the price near years end. All deals require negotiation and my advice would be to hit up as many dealerships and be extra nice to the internet sales guy to get yourself the best best price

I’ve since started to negotiate / look into bmw m240i (msrp 47k) and Audi s3 (msrp 47k). Seem more reliable.
not a fan of the s3 style.
Personally go with the M2- more bang for he buck.

Do you have any experience with the bmw or Audi and is it as bad as most of the forum suggests. Or is it more specific to these s , m (sport oriented) trims? The reason I ask is because you have alot of experience and pulled off that crazy deal with rusnak for the jag (I’m from that area) so you seem like you know your fun / driving cars.

Audi has always been bad- but some months are offer higher incentives and we have certain people here that posts Audi deals but specifically for a single and targeted model. BMW used to have amazing deals given the MSD program- but that was removed by BMW recently- however there are still heavy markdowns and incentives to being your lease payments down to that 1% Mark

Would a target of 500/mo or less out the door ( 0 down, 10k, 36mo) be a lease hacker worthy success or a pipe dream (aka impossible) for the s3 or m240i?
Hackr worthy is 1% of the car’s selling price.

I myself have no experience with the 240i, except when I leased my 340i I inquired about one. I opted for the 340i in the end for better incentives and I liked the body style more. A close buddy of mine has the s3. It’s a great car and extremely under rated from the factory. I do believe 500/mo is achievable with the s3. Regarding Alex’s recommendation for the M2, ideally that would be my choice. It’s a phenomenal car, but way beyond all of the vehicles you listed price wise. I inquired about leasing a few times. It’s not lease friendly. And that was prior to MSD’s ending for the masses. Even purchasing private party, they are retaining their value very well. I’d give it a bit of effort on your side and grind a deal on all three. You’ll see very quickly which car is the best choice for leasing. From my experience the 240i was not lease friendly, that was a bit ago and things may have changed now.

You will not get an M2 for sub $500 mo with $0 down, that car is way too in demand and most dealer models I saw were optioned to the moon. 240i might be possible, but you’re dealing with sport model coupes so your residual will be worse, it will take a lot of grinding and some luck. It could be workable with an S3 depending on the sticker of the model but Audi does not seem to have much in the way of incentives at the moment, I would hold until tomorrow to see what the new programs are for December.

One of my friends purchased a CPO m235i… I got to drive it when I was test driving several cars I was interested in as a comparison. Walked away blown out of the water… But definitely didn’t feel like a car I wanted to own, only lease as now I’ve developed a fear of missing out attitude to cars. I’m trying to achieve the 500/mo audi s3.

Waiting on the numbers coming out tomorrow.