I have retired thanks and goodbye :

1. $4,750 is for finance or a cash purchase
  2. First Payment, tax on first payment, title & reg fees, and some CCR

#boltmania
3 Likes

Ethan, currently have a ford focus EV lease ends 03/01/2021, which was a 36m 45k lease, in your opinion when is the right time to start shopping and getting a deal going? Also as a first time leaser and long time lurker how to accomplish the smoothest transition?

Make sure you DONā€™T turn in that FFE - sell it to Carvana, Carmax, a dealer! You almost certainly have big positive equity on that (resale value much higher than the lease residual). I made like $5k on mine

1 Like

NICE! thatā€™s what I wanted to hear, I am for sure under my miles by at least 5k. If you wouldnā€™t mind can you briefly explain that process, this is my first lease, which I thoroughly enjoyed, so I want to be more prepared this next go around

EDIT: looking on carvana 14k is their offer

EDIT2: Purchase price from Ford Credit= 10602

3 Likes

You are never going to get this lucky again :slight_smile: Ford wayyyyyyy lowballed their residual. But Ethan here looks like they have great deals on Bolts (I also moved from FFE to Bolt 2020). Maybe heā€™ll give you a good trade value. Ford is a HUGE PITA with lease buyouts though, will never lease from Ford again.

I dealt with a family of 3 that traded in leased Focus Electrics for Bolts.

Iā€™ll never put myself through that hell again lol sell it to Carvana / Vroom / Shift

2 Likes

Whatā€™s your take on the bolt? Iā€™m really interested in this one pay option, I have been reading about.

Could I pay off the FFE so I own it outright, which would be 9800 at lease end plus taxes then talk with Ethan who hooks up a LH and just hand him the FFE and I leave with a new Bolt for 36month 15K plus a 1-2k down?

I would plan to purchase outright, would I lose on any conquest rebates? or the like?

In your opinion is it better to just have cash on hand and not deal with trade-ins

Always easier to negotiate without a trade. Keep it simple. If it were me I would line up a deal on a bolt and then except the offer from carvana or similar.

1 Like

Thank you for the input, I am leaning that way as well. This forum is great I learned so much today, I would have totally been blindside by the dealer, only due to my ignorance.

1 Like

Am I the only one who think making $31.09 monthly payments on the Trax is a pain in the butt ?
Why not just make it a Onepay or maybe ~3K or so.

I spend more money on butt wipes at Walmart, so no.

5 Likes

Still available? How much without lease loyalty?

Can you get lease loyalty but taking over someoneā€™s lease through leasetrader etc even if it one has 1 month left etc?

Thanks
Eric

When I leased my bolt, the only thing the dealer asked for proof of registration of current lease. So my guess is yes, but probably not worth it given all the hassle and cost for lease takeover.

Thanks yeah I donā€™t know all the fees involved. Figured if it was for a couple months or less could be worth it. Thanks!

You can spend the whole day buying wipes at Walmart, and not have to worry about making monthly payments on the car since it was taken care of with a Onepay.

Or you can take the 30 seconds to set up auto pay through the lender or your bank and move on with your life. Not exactly an inconvenience.

7 Likes

What is the Bolt situation? More in stock? Pricing? Thanks! Looking forward to your update.

1 Like