EQB Lease Check

I will possibly DM you

If it would cause a potentially huge problem, why not share with the group what that problem would be?

I suppose it could cause a dispute over commission checks between sales people? May depend on how much time has elapsed since contact?

Here’s the thing though. If your initial point of contact isn’t willing to work with you to get the deal done, then the dealership has already lost the sale. Isn’t it to the dealership’s benefit to get that sale back if a different salesperson relationship can get the deal done?

You just said it. It’s a dispute over commission check and we, the salespeople take that pretty seriously.

1 Like

Yeah, I could see that. So how long does a particular lead remain tied to the initial contact? There’s gotta be a point at which a lead isn’t a lead anymore based on either time or lack of substantive development of the lead.

The dialogue we had about this got landfilled, but what @wam22 thinks is happening at the deal desk isn’t the norm here in California.

Many of the sales folks on the floor seem to lack access/knowledge about “trunk money” (factory to dealer or variable/volume spiffs). And sometimes they don’t even know the full boat of factory-to-consumer incentives. And manytimes they can’t whack beyond single net.

So what @no0ne is observing is that sometimes the buyer just needs to find the “right” person to get the deals. This entire experience is off-putting to a lot of people who are now so happy with the Tesla experience around flat pricing. While LH seems to like haggling, the vast majority of buyers do not like to negotiate vehicle pricing. And throwing in the wrench around commissions is far from the mind of most buyers.

It’s different per dealership, but there is usually 3 day rule.

2 Likes

@LAK1ngs : I do qualify for both 4k federal and 4k PGE credit as well + potentially 12k through clean car( but that probably takes 3-4 months so not interested in waiting that much ).

@mendor : Yes aware of 100kw and insurance was very reasonable. only $1300/year with all the bells and whistles.

Yeah but she told me that I am already dealing with another who wants me in the dealership and frankly don’t want to drive an hour just to get a surprise. So yes would ideally deal with her. I’ll dm her too.

@derekoh1991 : Yeah I can potentially tell them I am not interested anymore and at what time the deals become dead. I asked for few things and for everything they want me to come to dealership.

Frankly, I understand the commission part but if I want to be transferred to a specific person, it should be considered fair. I paid a bit extra at a dealership recently because he promised me a quick check out and there were no surprises.

If that’s the case, you won’t be leasing at that dealership. It’s really at the dealership’s discretion to have the lead be active or dead

That is a dick thing to do. If you have to go above their head to a sales manager to get a deal, that is fine. But just seeking out another salesperson will cause headaches. If I see someone inquire and they worked with someone else, I immediately send them back over.

Dealer to dealer. Most are 14-90 days. Some extend to 6 months. And others are indefinite if you have sold them a car before.

I didn’t read the whole thread, but are you dealing with a BDC rep? Their entire job is just to set an appointment and not really answer any important questions.

Just in case anyone is wondering, BDC stands for Business Development Coordinator… which is what auto dealers are now calling the person who answers the phone when you call the main line.

No it’s probably the final guy.

Why does it matter if it takes 3-4 months if you’re not paying cash? I presume your credit is good enough to finance since you look into leasing?

Am I missing something here: you’re willing to gamble with potential $10K loss on sub-$50K car in one year but not willing to wait a few months for guaranteed thousands of OPM?

Why is it a dick thing for a customer to do? I’d really like to hear an explanation. It isn’t the customer’s responsibility to manage a dealership’s internal politics.

So let’s say I contact a dealership through TrueCar and I live several hours away. The salesperson auto-assigned repeatedly refuses to help me out on a deal without coming in to the dealership. Won’t negotiate the deal ahead of time. In that instance, as customer, I want the deal done in advance so I just come in sign a few papers and get my car. Should I cross that dealership off my list for the next 14-90 days just because a a salesperson that won’t work with how I want to buy a car got auto-assigned to me? This isn’t a remote hypothetical… I can’t tell you how many salespeople TrueCar had me generated as a lead for who refused to negotiate the deal in advance without me coming on to the lot.

Or, let’s say I go in for a test drive, and get an obnoxious salesperson who can’t get a deal with me done because of their personality. Then a few weeks later, I find a great deal through the forum and contact the person posting. I should have to work with the obnoxious sales person who hasn’t done anything productive to get a deal to the table?

I understand when your commission plays a huge role in your compensation that things get complicated… but, locking a customer into a particular salesperson relationship simply because someone was auto-assigned through a lead referral website or because two months ago you test drove a car seems really counter-productive to ensuring quality customer care.

1 Like

See above. Sounds like all great things to pass along to a manager.

Yeah, if Salesperson A lacks the skills, ability or experience to make a deal but Salesperson B at the same store can do it, how is it a customer’s problem?

1 Like

@LAK1ngs : I can claim it on other car as we upgrade our other car too.

@no0ne : Yes i agree, Like some time it’s just as simple as being transparent or doing the extra mile to get things for clients. Example once I walked into a dealership and asked for specific numbers and he brought it for a different car with different options. I had to walk out. So it’s up to the sales agent to help and if I want to deal with specific person, it should be that person. Also individuals have built their repute so it encourages them to build a personal brand via tiktok, insta etc.

1 Like

BTW, what is that?

Clean Cars for All - You’ll get $12000 for trading in an old car

Here’s the cliffs notes of this program since they didn’t make the list of zip codes easy to search.

Retired Vehicle Eligibility
The vehicle to be retired must meet the following requirements:

1. Model year 2005 or older (e.g. 2005, 2004, 2003, etc.).
  2. Gasoline or diesel‐powered light or medium duty vehicle (up to 10,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight Rating [GVWR]).
  3. Currently registered to an individual with the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) with a valid and unexpired registration sticker, or have all fees paid to the DMV and have a registration that has not been expired more than 120 days. Exceptions may be allowed, refer to Exceptions section below.
  4. Continuously registered in California with the DMV during the two consecutive years preceding the current registration expiration date, with no breaks in registration totaling more than 120 days. Exceptions may be allowed, refer to Exceptions section below.
  5. Vehicle must be functioning. Participant may be required to undergo a tailpipe smog check test, completion of an Acceleration Simulation Mode (ASM) test or completion of a functionality test performed by the Air District, GRID Alternatives, or authorized dismantlers.

Eligible zip codes:
94063 REDWOOD CITY, CA
94066 SAN BRUNO, CA
94080 SAN BRUNO, CA
94083 SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
94086 SUNNYVALE, CA
94088 SUNNYVALE, CA
94089 SUNNYVALE, CA
94102 SAN FRANCISCO, CA
94103 SAN FRANCISCO, CA
94107 SAN FRANCISCO, CA
94124 SAN FRANCISCO, CA
94128 BURLINGAME, CA
94130 SAN FRANCISCO, CA
94303 EAST PALO ALTO, CA
94509 ANTIOCH, CA
94525 CROCKETT, CA
94530 EL CERRITO, CA
94541 HAYWARD, CA
94544 HAYWARD, CA
94545 HAYWARD, CA
94547 HERCULES, CA
94550 LIVERMORE, CA
94553 MARTINEZ, CA
94560 NEWARK, CA
94561 OAKLEY, CA
94564 PINOLE, CA
94565 PITTSBURG, CA
94572 RODEO, CA
94577 SAN LEANDRO, CA
94578 SAN LEANDRO, CA
94579 SAN LEANDRO, CA
94580 SAN LORENZO, CA
94587 UNION CITY, CA
94589 VALLEJO, CA
94590 VALLEJO, CA
94592 VALLEJO, CA
94601 OAKLAND, CA
94603 OAKLAND, CA
94606 OAKLAND, CA
94607 OAKLAND, CA
94608 EMERYVILLE, CA
94609 OAKLAND, CA
94612 OAKLAND, CA
94614 OAKLAND, CA
94615 OAKLAND, CA
94621 OAKLAND, CA
94623 OAKLAND, CA
94624 OAKLAND, CA
94702 BERKELEY, CA
94706 ALBANY, CA
94710 BERKELEY, CA
94801 RICHMOND, CA
94802 RICHMOND, CA
94804 RICHMOND, CA
94805 SAN PABLO, CA
94806 SAN PABLO, CA
94850 RICHMOND, CA
94928 ROHNERT PARK, CA
95002 ALVISO, CA
95020 GILROY, CA
95021 GILROY, CA
95035 MILPITAS, CA
95037 MORGAN HILL, CA
95046 SAN MARTIN, CA
95050 SANTA CLARA, CA
95051 SANTA CLARA, CA
95054 SANTA CLARA, CA
95110 SAN JOSE, CA
95111 SAN JOSE, CA
95112 SAN JOSE, CA
95113 SAN JOSE, CA
95116 SAN JOSE, CA
95122 SAN JOSE, CA
95131 SAN JOSE, CA
95133 SAN JOSE, CA
95134 SAN JOSE, CA

@holeydonut : It’s launched across California with different counties running it under their own brand