End of lease what are my options… (first time leasing)

Hello fellow hackrs,

Currently trying to figure out two things regarding end of lease process.

(1) leasing a loner 21’ 330i xdrive msport 25k miles on dash currently way below the agreed return mileage is this a positive thing? And if so can I use that to my advantage if wanna finance on my next car? (This is my first lease so a noob at this)

(2) again Msport 330i xdrive with premium package, M suspension but no leather seats or m sport brakes. Definitely fell in love with car, love how its holding up n it’s fast enough around the city but after seeing my future options on my next lease I definitely do not like the new facelift and I can’t get with the dash, too much screen… that left me thinking if I should finance my current lease or look into a M340 with low mileage, is it worth switching if I’m keeping car to get full experience or 330 is enough… (again it’s obviously a difference but I’m curious to see what other thinks?!)

Again thank you and apologies for a long text!

What’s your buyout option price on the lease, and how much are you paying monthly now?

29005 is what would be owed and 536 monthly

Not really. If you just turn your lease in, I believe BMW will give you a small credit if you’re way under miles (like $200-300 or so) to use against your dispo fee and any other lease end charges. But that’s it.

Now if you decide to sell your lease to a dealer to grab any positive equity, instead of just turning it in, then obviously the lower the miles on the car, the better the offers should be, in theory.

The first thing I’d do is check a few of the below sites to see if you have any positive equity. If not then your decision becomes easier.

The MMR is right around your buyout, so not really a chance to recapture any equity, but some BMW dealers may extend an additional discount if you ground the lease with them (lease return). MMR for a similar M340 is almost $12K more, IMO thats not’s worth it but entirely subjective.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.