End of lease, should I purchase my Infiniti QX50?

Yea, I think so. My DAS was $4100. MSRP was something around $57k. I got it down to $52,500 + rebates ended up being $51,400.

Same exact situation and agree with the prior comments about Infiniti performing really poorly in this market. Very little to no appreciation especially on the qx50.

I drove Infinitis for years. The new ones just aren’t competitive, the QX-50 in particular. I recommend driving an X3 or Q5 before committing to buying it out.

I don’t care about the driving experience. I’m not into sport kind of driving. I’m perfectly OK with QX50’s CVT. I use the car to pick up kids from school, occationally drive outside the city, etc. Nothing crazy… I need cargo space though. Both X3 and Q5 have very little compared to QX50. I do prioritize comfort amongst anything else. Like, if there is a car which would have the same interior quality as QX50 Autograph, I will strongly consider it. I just can’t find anything similar for that price range. Again, I’m not married to Infiniti, I just can’t find an alternative.

I also like Velar. Slightly more expensive than the new QX50, but I heard reliability is the worst, is that truth?

Edit: but again, Velar is likely above MSRP these days…

Well obviously it’s more expensive. you cannot compare a brand new model designed from a clean sheet of paper with the latest tech to a used car.

@andy_nyc

Hey OP, I’m literally in the same boat except I have a Q60 coupe, my payoff is 25,1XX, I was offered 31,500 at the dealership that I get my oil changes at, CarMax offered me 32,400, I havent reached out to Carvana or Vroom yet.

I think you should at least reach out to whatever dealership services your car as well as CarMax, you can do Carmax’s appraisal online but they will probably alter the offer once you bring the car in.

I went down the same route you did, I went on CarGurus, Autotrader…etc and the cheapest Q60 similar to mine was a whopping 36,XXX.

I’m leaning towards buying my Q60, then getting into a new lease and selling it for the 5kish in equity.

I tried Carvana/CarMax/Edmunds/Vroom yesterday, but they all do not have Autograph trim option available. Am I doing something wrong? Here is what I get:

If I select Essential, add all the Autograph features, CarMax offers $40k.

there was no autograph trim in 2019.

That is surprising - I’ve actually never run into that issue before.

hm, my one is def Autograph… that’s the one I have

From Infiniti - https://www.infinitiusa.com/infiniti-news/blog/qx50-interior-autograph.html

The interior of the all-new 2019 INFINITI QX50 Autograph edition is not just beautiful ...

it’s an essential trim with sensory and autograph package…

1 Like

Duh… this is so confusing. Thanks for the clarification. So then yea, CarMax’s online appraisal is $40k.

You must be new to our brand.

It goes something like this,
2019: 3 trims, 500+ packages
2020: How about 5 trims now, 300 or so packages
2021: Now lets make most of the packages standard in the 5 trims but be sure to keep the Bose in the $54k trim

3 Likes

I received this from one of the NY dealerships and curious to know if the below fees would be considered excessive for a buyout on a 2019 QX50 Essential trim:

Market Value Sell Price: ~$28,500 - Based on the stated price at end of lease term referenced in the contract

Certification: $2,000 - Dealer indicates that they have to certify the vehicle for a lease buyout.

Taxable Fees: $600 - Attributed to some sales commission fee that pays for the sales and finance department for processing all of your paperwork.

Doc Fee: $795 - Standardized fee for submitting all paperwork to the DMV for title transfer, etc.

Tax: ~$2,900

Non taxable fees: $380 - Vehicle registration

Thanks!

These are all excessive. Look into buying directly from the lessor without involving a dealer.

1 Like

if you’re dead set on buying out the car, just go to @NYNJAudi

Appreciate that, but I’m way too busy to do LBOs for free right now. QX60 is keeping me very busy.