End of lease shopping time?

Just plain Simple no factors involved, when do you start thinking or look at new cars ( test drive, dealer inquiries) etc…before your lease ends? Example last 3 month? 6 month etc

Unless you are ordering a specific car, anything sooner than 3 months is a waste of time IMO. Inventory, rebates, market conditions change monthly.

3 Likes

I start about 4 months ahead last time. To me anything shorter than that and I feel that I may let a good deal fall through the cracks. And if all else fails I extend my lease until I find the right car for the right price, but so far I haven’t had to extend any past leases

1 Like

IMO if you’re willing to eat your negative equity (unless pull-ahead or sell to 3rd party for profit) then go hunting 4-5 months beforehand never know what you can find. Personally I wouldn’t bother looking until my last 90-60 days of the lease, programs,inv, lease factors, etc change on a monthly basis so there isn’t much of a point.

2 Likes

Well, sometimes you can get 3 months pull ahead on certain brands so it’s worth taking a quick look to see what the incentives are.

Two months prior narrow it down and one month to find the one

I know someone who turned in their car with about 17 months left.