End of lease on 2020 Nissan Rogue

Maybe I am payment shopping but I’m on a budget. That’s why I’ve been leasing for the past 15 years.

I understand that financing makes more sense but again I’m not sure I can afford it if it’s possibly going to be 350-400 a month.

If there’s so much equity in this Rogue why can’t I get the payment closer to 225?

Say the offer to buy it for 17/18k. That’s 3/4k off price.

3k = $100 off. Rogues are still in the 500 range, try a Murano, Nissan is having a fire sale on those

:point_up:

There’s a reason it’s difficult to find financial advice that includes getting a new car every 2-3 years as a means of getting ahead.

So are you payment shopping or car shopping? Most of the time it’s “either or”
Either you payment shop for any car in your payment range or specific car but pay whatever the market asks.

So in your particular case here are the steps to take

1. Get online appraisal at Autonation. You are in PA and they have few dealerships there. Don’t mind they aren’t Nissan. Autonation has Nissan in their brand so they will be able to buy it from you. I did that with my Infinity through Autonation Land Rover dealership and walked out with a check for equity.

2. If you are running short on time - try to extent the lease by calling Nissan Financial. you can extend by up to 6 months but most likely 3 months and it will give you time to get your affairs in order.

3. Get your credit report to understand if you can get top tier rate that are being advertized.

4. Figure out if you are payment shopping or not.

5. If you are payment shopping - look for other Nissan cars like Murano, Altima, Frontier - they had decent leases.

6. If you are after Rouge specifically - see ads from brokers on this forum and compare their deals with what you are seeing. If you aren’t getting clear answers from your delaership - move on to the next dealserhip and save yourself time. You won;t be able to change their mind. Expand your search area. For a brand new car you can got as far as Florida or anywhere else to get the car if even with shipping you still get a better deals than locally. Many have done one way flights to pick up cars and some did shipping for $1k or less.

Now - let us know your thinking after read the above.

1 Like

Lvs23. Thank you. That was very helpful information.

I am payment shopping.

I don’t really care what I drive and I’m not set on a Rogue. I do prefer an SUV but don’t really need one. I’ve had an Altima and 4 Sentras so the sedans are fine too.

The Murano start at $45k! I suppose the apr and residual are better?
I think the Frontier may be a little to big for me.

I suppose I will contact another nissan dealer and get an appointment for them to buy my car and go from there.
I may have approached this current dealer the wrong way.

DO NOT STEP INSIDE dealership before you get a quote from Automation!
They will get you all mixed up and you will be back here crying how they did you dirty!!!

1 Like

Lets Put it this way
Murano

• 89%RV
  • 40k price
  • 4.4k Depr on 18m

Rogue

• 83% RV
  • 30k price
  • 5.1k Depr on 18m

See you spend more on a Rogue than a Murano And the Murano Costs 25% more.

2 Likes

And before contacting ANY dealership familiarize yourself with broker deals here like these

Autocompanion from @AutoCompanion

or

inquire here
@NewAgeAutoLease Newageautolease

3 Likes

Yes. I was going to at least have the Carmax quote but I’ll get Autonation too.

CarMax can’t buy your car - it is a useless quote.
Autonation can so there is more value in that

1 Like

Got it!
Thanks

They did also quote me $253 for 18 months but I hate doing this every 3 years let alone sooner.

18 months is the best way to wait out the pricing and expect it to drop.
There are no deals today right now on something like the pricing you got on the Rogue

Or extend your Rogue
Or buyout your Rogue.
You have a 2020 so you don’t have the notorious CVT of the 2015s

If you are looking for a lowest monthly, there is a cost associated with that (esp nowadays). You have to pick your poison. Sorry.

3 Likes

This.

If you truly have $7k in equity (and there’s reason to be skeptical you do), that’s $389/mo applied to an 18-mo deal. $194/mo on 36-mo.

So if you’re truly a payment shopper and truly can’t afford to go above $350/mo, then you gotta do what you gotta do. Since even $50 here or there seems to be of concern, I’d also recommend checking insurance rates on each vehicle to ensure none have a large premium over the others.

1 Like

And you’ll be in for a big shock once the lease ends as you won’t have equity again with the juiced up RVs, high MF and low discount.

Also, you really need would benefit from studying leashacking 101.

Also note that 253+389 = $642. 310+194 = $504.

The closet autonation is in NY or Maryland.
I suppose I could still bring their quote because I could drive there if really wanted to

Before you do that, get online quotes from carvana, shift, vroom, etc and at least get a benchmark for what it would be worth if you owned it yourself. That’ll help inform how much of a haircut you’ll take from the dealers/groups that actually can buy it.

LVS Used Autonation as a common point.

Delany, Pollock, Fairfield, and Apple Auto Groups all have a Nissan Dealer and can buy out your Rogue. (You don’t have to go to the Nissan Dealer, as long as the auto group has a Nissan License)

I didn’t know what other group had Nissan license but I personally did see to Autonation my Infinity so that was idea:)

I would not touch carvana - look at their news:) not worth the risk.

@AutoNinjas has a Rogue for $211 + 3500 ~ $311 with $0

So if you contact him NOW, you might get that magic number you are looking for .

1 Like