Eligibility for a lease

Hi Hackrs & dealers/brokers of leasehackr. I am a recent grad (May 2017) and I am currently employed by Intel and on a student visa (F1 - expires Jun 2020). I have a decent credit score (~700) but have a very young to no credit history (~6 months). However, I am very likely to get a H1 visa which will extend my stay by at least 3 years around Oct 2018. I can also get a cosigner for my lease with an older credit history. Am I eligible for a lease? If not, what are my other options? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

You have better chance after and when you get 3 years H1 visa.

They will ignore your credit and look at the worthiness of the cosigner.

Not sure if it will be helpful considering your visa status, but VW has a first time buyer program that sounds like you might qualify for.

http://www.raybrandtvw.com/volkswagen-first-time-buyer-program-new-orleans-la

Thanks for your responses guys! I was talking to a Mercedes dealer for a lease and let him know of my case, he told me MBFS might let me lease for the full 36 months. I’m planning on visiting the dealership tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

They ALWAYS say that…until you come in.

1 Like

Considering the fact that you are on a visa and not a permanent status resident it could be a better choice of finding a decent used car that you can sell later at a minimal loss where with lease you maybe stuck for the term or at least have more problems disposing the vehicle. my2c