Early Buyout of Acura MDX Lease

It seems like the info they gave you over the phone was incorrect in reality if mdxbuyer’s payoff amount is lower than the sum of remaining payments plus residual. Or they are using semantics and charge a different fee. Maybe asking what is my payoff amount right now would be a better question for someone that has a lease right now. I don’t think they want people paying off the lease early and won’t be straightforward unless you ask that specific question. If it’s less than the remaining payments plus residual that’s another data point.

I think the lease incentives are $8500 for tech package plus another$1000 for loyalty or conquest.

@skarface wow that’s 2x the lease incentive from two months ago!

I agree there is lots of confusion at Acura about this. I think our sales person thought she was mostly telling us the truth about how the buyout works, but AFS told me the exact opposite.

If someone here has a lease that they are only 2 to 6 months into with AFS it would be interesting to know the buy our quote.

I’m thinking about same thing, the reason is totally same with @Zarasa, and I also asked my dealer, and here’s the answer:
1st month depreciation, interest, sales tax and DMV fees.
2 months of depreciation, interest, and sales tax.
Remaining 33 months depreciation, residual, sales tax.

in my case the buyout quote 2 months before the lease maturity date was lower than the residual amount because of the “rent charge” for monthly being lower for the last two payments because it’s being payed ahead of time by two months instead of waiting for lease to mature and then pay the residual + tax.

That was what I got out of my conversation with AFS associate who was very friendly and spent more than 40 minutes explaining all of my options (buy, lease return, lease extend).

My conversation with an internet Sales Manager lead me to believe this could be managed as a purchase. I got a quote from USAA/True Car for 20% off MSRP of 50295 on a 2019 Tech. When I called to ask if I could stack the lease cash and/or conquest he said that TrueCar usually subtracts all of the discounts available. He also mentioned that he was doing $12K off all 2019s translates to almost 24% off. Still waiting on his final figures.

Maybe the lease and buy after three months ins’t necessary.

Just FYI.

Even better if so. Seems like the purchase incentives were much lower than lease though, so I was thinking there is much more wiggle room on a lease. ~10% off plus the incentives seems to be the common discount on the MDX.

Los Gatos came back at $12k off plus $1000 loyalty
Ends up being 26% off MSRP.

Lease, cash purchase or finance?

I am still curious if the lease-first-then-buyout is doable and how that compares with just a cash purchase? I have reached out to a few of the folks who have reported leasing in the past few months to report they buyout amounts but haven’t heard back.

The los gatos dealer didn’t care if I leased or bought. He was $12k off all mdx tech.

So I don’t have a lease through Acura, but I do have one through Honda Financial, which I’d be a bit surprised if it wasn’t the same thing.

My current pay off is quite a bit less than my residual plus the sum of the remaining payments.

@Chuck_Espinoza thanks for the info. That is a great deal. I was only able to get ~15% off MSRP for a purchase 2 months ago but I also was after a very specific car. There was only one example of it in the western US.

I now need to purchase an RDX for my parents and I assume there will be extremely aggressive pricing on those also as they start pushing out the 2019’s.

Great info! I’ll target 26% off MSRP on an RDX purchase and see if I can get there.

@mllcb42 can you share some #’s and details?

Sure can.

I’m leasing a 2019 Honda Passport EX-L FWD

13.6% off before incentives

**MSRP: $37455
**Selling Price: $32350
**Monthly Payment: $342 + tax
**Cash Due at Signing: $915
**Incentives: $500 new grad

**Months:36
**Annual Mileage:12k
**MF: .0024
**Residual: 67%

So far, I’ve made one payment after delivery, so 34 payments remaining.
If we ignore the sales tax part of my payments, the payment sum is $11560 (damn you Honda and your high MF).

Current payoff is $32070.
Residual value is $25094.
RV + payment sum is $36654.

Interesting… Looks like your Payoff is roughly “Selling prince - the payment you already made” which means you can treat the lease selling price as a cash purchase price.

1 Like

I think the purchase incentive is $5500 and the lease incentive is $8500. You might be able to get another $3k off if you structure it as a lease. Maybe they just don’t want to bother though.

I’ve always had the best luck when the next model year is already hitting the lots in some areas. Good luck.

I know this is old but I sold an mdx I leased 3 months in for a rolling profit from the msrp discounts I got at sign in and got into another mdx. The dealer brought it. So yes you do owe them the rent but it is included in the buyout. You don’t have to pay it separately from the buyout.

1 Like

Hello,

since there are conflicting answers from people. Some say that rent amount is not calculated during buy out. So, if the residual is set at x dollars and I decide to buy after one month of lease, then the buy out amount would be residual + 35 months depreciation ( yes first month payment can be excluded) ? No Money factor for 35 months ?

Also, May i know the best price (selling price) leased on Base RDX. I am planning to go this lease-buy out route if some one has done this in Acura.

Thanks !

So far, I think I’m the only that’s posted numbers, and they’re from honda financial, not acura, but I’m assuming they’re same.

The difference between my current payoff and the sum of the RV plus all my remaining payments is just about equal to the rent charge.