E-tron: possible combination of discount, incentives & no sales tax in NJ (looking for feedback)

, , ,

Hoping to be respectful to everyone on the forum as I am looking for your feedback if my thinking is correct. So when I approach the dealers in my vicinity, I don’t sound like an idiot, which I have been told multiple times now, that I am.

I got an email from CostcoAuto (I am a Costco member) that Audi would give employee pricing which can also be combined with other available incentives.

Here is what I am looking at:
Gray P+ with driver assist
36 months
7500 miles

MSRP $76390 (which I priced on Costco’s website)
Employee Pricing $68751 (after a 10% discount)

As per Edmunds, the numbers for July are:
.00173 MF
$7500 lease cash
P+: 50% residual.
$6000 dealer’s market allowance

Here is the calculator and cost is $635pm. I am using following values:
Acq. Fee of $895,
Govt Fee of $300,
Dealer/doc fee of $300,
Drive off/DAS: $2130 (1st/AF/GF/DF, etc)
Sales Tax: 0.00 (there is no sales tax in NJ on EVs.)

Now, if I add 9 MSDs (which Audi allows, the monthly cost comes down to $593) with a refundable deposit of $5400.

Questions for the community:

1. Do these numbers make sense? Anything I am adding to make it more attractive for myself, but not the dealer?
  2. Shall I share this analysis with the dealers for negotiation or not?
  3. How realistic it is to squeeze in an additional discount on MSRP? I personally have not been able to. I tried to get help from professionals and that didn’t work out either.

Looking forward to learning back from the community.

Out of curiosity how many dealerships have you tried?

And what does the latter statement mean?

It means he tried the rest, now he is trying the best, ie vhooloo

vhooloo sez your calculations and logic are sound but
a) There is very little 2019 etron inventory
b) Dealers will pretend Costco and 6k marketing allowance do not exist.

I have tried more than a few dealers so. Whenever I want to understand the numbers, response is, “you have no idea how lease works.”

I connected with a few brokers and the lease monthly cost keeps going higher as we get closer to ink the deal.
Any question I ask means, I am judging their honesty, integrity, and unfair to them as they try to make their living.

I think that is correct vhooloo. Dealers generally don’t go all out in first go and then they make it a nickel and dime conversation.

Depends on where you’re located.

At the time of this post, Audi San Diego alone has 34 of them sitting there.