Drivers of expensive cars are

Sorry but the worst drivers are PT Cruisers, either the original owners or people still driving them today!

1 Like

I don’t know about you but it seems like I get tailgated by Dodge Rams more often than any other vehicle. Maybe they’re just more noticeable because they have a ridiculously large front end.

That, and their stupid bright headlights that light up my entire cabin.

1 Like

Elementary set theory

All expensive car drivers are douches does not imply all douches only drive expensive cars

1 Like

In that case BOLT drivers in NJ are the best drivers

Edit starting 1/20 or whenever the rebate takes effect

1 Like

In Texas/AZ, it’s all truck drivers. The big ones on 80 month finance terms that are shiny and nice tires.

If they have Arizona Cardinals plate, Support Public Service (Cops) or Support Military Veterans, add a few more points. This rule works legit 90% of the time**

Bonus points for American Flag or Don’t Tread on Me. Arizona is more ‘cosmopolitan’, used very loosely, than it was before but there is a deep vein of this type of behavior. Where big toys, speeding, not using turn signals on trucks is ‘masculine’ behavior. It’s very prevalent.

** Doesn’t apply to F O R D Raptors since those guys can afford those and know better.

1 Like

I mean I’m still a minor it was a gift from my dad so I really can’t complain. He won’t let me get an i3 even if I pay it and the insurance.

1 Like

It doesn’t work that way. The “study” only supports BMW drivers as asses.
Seriously, why are people even reading this crap?

There’s a mix of reasons. Sometimes the Admiral’s lounge reading material has been pretty savaged.

:bat:

2 Likes

I wonder if anyone read this link. The study doesn’t, IMO, include sufficient methodology to be valid since it likely could not be reproduced with the given information. They say they identify the value of cars by figuring out the make, model and then model years of the body style and then going on KBB.

That’s great but do they view a Ram 1500 tradesman the same as a Ram 1500 Limited. Do they differentiate between a 320i and a 340i. We are talking 20k+ price swings that the study seems to have ignored.

They also don’t address how they deal with model years. Something like a Frontier hasn’t changed in a decade, are they just using 2015 as an average model year?

Apparently the study was done with clickbait virality in mind.

2 Likes

Correlation is not causation.

Wait another few months a new study will show the correlation reversed.

People do what they do. Statistical studies always have some form of bias.

What i want to know is when the BMW ages and losses 2/3 of its value in 2-3 years, do the driver suddenly becomes enlightened?

2 Likes

It’s really a brand affinity survey (not study), but the clickbait comment is probably most accurate.

I posted that knowing that reading it would be a bit like picking kernels of corn out of…

Oh, never mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

The problem is the owner knew and think the car is still worth MSRP… Even at year N(N >5 years)
Still an asshole … Lol

Someone posted on the local neighborhood social site today about a guy driving like an asshole, crossing double yellow. The car? Picture of black Lamborghini Urus with “MY LAMBO” plates :smirk:

3 Likes