Donation Solicitation and Possible subscription to Blackbook

I think it might be a good idea to put a meter on the side of the site to show donations and % to goal. That way we can help fund the site, and as possible goal: fund a subscription to BlackBook.

http://www.blackbook.com/buy-now/

For new car values it’s $353/year.

For example, reddit does this on a daily basis. Other sites do this as a monthly thing.

Sounds like a good plan. Im in.

Just one thing. How do you incorporate it into the site.

That subscription cost to BB won’t cover a data license agreement to re-distribute their data on a website like this. You would guarantee a not so nice letter from a really tough law firm.

4 Likes

We could incorporate a donor section and hangout where only donors get access to the login with rotating passwords every month. And of course there has to be a disclaimer and warning.

I think I saw some people on her waving their law degree earlier in another thread…

The rotating passwords and so on would work but it’s a lot of trust for someone not to share that with them and their 50 family members and WhatsApp, etc.

There are easy ways to check for password sharing by looking at ip address location and simultaneous users from multiple locations. I would give it 1-3 months before the account was flagged.

1 Like

how would we benefit from a BB subscription?

We wouldn’t, chrispbacon would. He needs this info for his side “business”.

1 Like

Sounds like a pork barrel deal to me oink oink

Lol how would you benefit from access to a bloomberg terminal? If you dabble in daytrading then a bloomberg terminal can help narrow down some interesting bets for the day. But of course its not gunna make you rich.

If I get really bored of my etfs, I would go over to Rutgers and use the free bloomberg terminals.

Its more info and analytics that you can use to leverage your selling price requests.

@vhooloo @Ursus

What exactly is Blackbook used for? What do you get out of it in your car buying?

Easy: just create email account “BlackBook4You@gmail.com”, then start peddling your “service” and ask people who contact you for a small donation. No?

BTW: some dealers have online trade-in appraisals through Black Book.

1 Like

Lol how much do you think i made from the pga certificates?

You think I care? I don’t want illegal stuff on this site, but whatever you do outside is non of my business

1 Like

It’s an analytics site where paid statisticians and “analysts” compile new and used car sales data into an average which is widely accepted by dealers as the true worth of a car.

I don’t want to do that myself using government data and i dont want to pay $400 a month so i was hoping we could crowdsource.

We may be looking at different data but I only see $500 a year. and $50 a month??

New cars section is like 380 something dude.

It says $353/year for me. Thats like 29 bucks a month!

Naaa. i would rather have the chase sapphire reserve with $450 annual fee.

Isn’t that a credit card?