Does Leasehackr Support Genesis?

I live in NYC and will be looking for a 2022 Genesis G70 or GV70 when my '19 Kia Optima SXL lease is up in September [15,000 miles on it.]

I see next to no comments on Genesis anything here on LH. Is that by design? Is there a better place I could be looking for future Genesis deals?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Scott

I believe @IAC_Scott occasionally has genesis options

2 Likes

I don’t offer any specials but I do know a dealer for them and can get a quote on one if you’d like @10040

1 Like

Perhaps by design by Genesis for not offering good lease deals…

2 Likes

Are genesis still eligible for the Hyundai “dealer coupons” of old in southern region I ran into those a few times where they would stack loyalty, lease, Uber, and “coupons” I may be way off base with the name but it was def an additional dealer incentive

1 Like

Thanks. You’ll be hearing from me in July.

Scott

I know Kia and Hyundai always offer great lease deals. I’m not sure if Hyundai extends that to Genesis, but I suspect so.

Generally, Hyundai/Kia/Genesis has pretty poor lease deals, not great residuals and sometimes high MF. Every once in a while they’ll throw a bunch of cash on the hood of something that doesn’t move, Stingers/K900/some of the EVs. I’ve had pretty good timing on a 2015 K900 and a 2019 Stinger that were literally half off for cap cost, so the crappy resale didn’t matter. For the Stinger, I just sold it to Carvana before turn in for $4k.

The Telluride twins are good examples of horrible leases, X5 is cheaper, MDX is cheaper, e-tron is cheaper, but they’re selling every one they make, not leasing too many.

1 Like

Not for comparably equipped (based on what you can actually get them for, not what some dealers are asking)

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve had three great leases from Kia/Hyundai, but as you said, I think they have raised residuals for them and had generous cash offers. Living in NYC, I’m trying to avoid the “marques” like BMW/MB/Audi, which is why I am thinking Genesis. My other problem with the marques are the nickel and dimeing for options. I’ve seen some good deals, but never with all the options I want. As a general rule, I want everything, lol.

Acura does a pretty good job simplifying the option list, Genesis does too. The G/V80 3.5/Advanced is really nice, but you’re in the 70/75k range and they’re not really dealing much. The 2.5T is great, up to about 40MPH it feels punchier than the 3.5 (it’s not, but it feels like it with the tuning/gearing), and the base version is pretty nice, but it’s missing leather…

The MDX is a better value right now, and is a bit bigger, not a huge amount, but a little bit, I don’t think it’s quite as over the top in luxury/style, but it’s still very nice. You should be able to get an AWD A-Spec model for little down and still be under $600, depending on how the taxes are in your area. We have just plain sales tax on the monthly, and that’s only 6%, we do have annual property tax on cars though.

1 Like

I’ve always gone for the sporty version of cars but as I settle in to life as an old fart, I realize comfort and power are more important to me, especially with NYC streets. I’ll check out the MDX. Thanks.

Check out Volvo XC60 or XC90.

1 Like

The 2020 MDX can be a good value for a somewhat premium 3-row SUV, not the 2022 rn. But since you’re looking at sedans too and don’t need a third row, I’d pass.

The Hyundai Santa Fe deal shared yesterday was more compelling

1 Like

I leased a 21 Acura TLX A-spec SH-AWD and added on the heated wheel for $652 giving a sign and drive of $464/mo which competes with g70 but like you, the endless nickel and dimeing options turns me away from other competitors.

One thing I don’t like about Acura though is you can’t usually get sporty package with fully loaded advanced package so I’m missing heads up display… power folding mirrors… acoustic glass on driver and passenger…rain sensing wipers… but it wasn’t enough to make me need those options.

Just my $0.02.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.