Does Infiniti lease payoff include MSD?

I got a payoff quote from IFS for $36.4k. The quote says that it includes all deposits. I also found another post here stating that IFS includes MSD in the payoff. But this still doesn’t make sense to me:

My RV (as per the contract and online): $32k
Remaining total of 12 base payments = $4.4k

That’s $36.4k total, same as the payoff that I received. But my MSD was $2700. So I’m not really understanding where my MSD is going if it’s being calculated in the payoff. I would’ve expected the payoff to be RV-MSD, or about $29k.

I am trying to sell the car and my main concern is not getting the MSD back. For example, I sell for $36.4k now, and I get nothing back. At that point, I might as well have just kept the car til the end of lease and gotten the check back from IFS.

Did you account for sales taxes you have to pay?

In the payoff quote? I guess I did not. Does that payoff include sales tax? If it does, then it would be exactly even to my MSD ($2700) and I can see how it cancels out.

But I’m just trying to sell the car though, so I don’t want to have to pay sales tax on it (you don’t pay sales tax if you buy and sell within 10 days in CA). For example, if I take it to car max and they offer me $36.4k for it, I would net nothing due to paying sales tax, which doesn’t make sense to me.

Personal payoff often includes sales tax. You need the 3rd party pay off for the number without sales tax.

1 Like

Ahh, separate payoff. Ok that makes sense. Planning to verify with IFS over the phone tomorrow but wanted to be prepared with some background info as reps aren’t always reliable. Thanks.

And don’t be surprised if Infiniti does not reveal the 3rd party/dealer buyout price to you (will need dealers to call in). Also, some LHers have noted that some 3rd parties (Carvana? vroom?) refuse to deal with NMAC. May not apply to you, but best to be aware and you can find posts from the last few months to help you.

1 Like

Lots and lots of examples if you use search (and variations of terms), e.g.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/search?q=Infinity%20payoff%20order%3Alatest

As mentioned, ask for the 3rd party payoff and confirm whether it includes MSDs (it usually does, like the other payoff amount clearly said).

People who have sold to the services that will buy from NMAC have shared timelines and experiences. Be prepared for some bumps if you go that route.

Good luck.

IFS still owes me $500 GL!

And so the run around begins already. The very confused sounding IFS rep told me the payoff does NOT include sales tax and that the dealership will add that on later. She said it DOES include the MSD.

So when I asked how does that add up because the payoff is much higher than my RV+ remaining payments -MSD, she of course said she has no idea how those are calculated. Asked to speak to supervisor and said none are available on Mondays.

This already seems like it’s going to be a headache. I was just trying to see if I had any equity in the car to sell, but it might not be worth it based on this and the experience of others.

Did you ever get clarity on this?