Dodge Charger ScatPack WB

, ,

I agree with things getting worse, other than the value of my current car will be going down… in the next month? Probably not. By the end of summer? Who knows. It obviously doesn’t make sense to win on the trade value and desperately lose on the new end either, but there would have to be significant savings on the new to make up for lost trade/sale money.

Any answer for the FCA/Access fund membership questions?

1 Like

Not directly, but through contracts on the forums. Inventory will go up yes, but you know as well as I do that these things sell like hot cakes when they put the 10% retail purchase cash.

I always maintain its been better to buy a 392 or hellcat lately unless you can write it off and have “I don’t give a fk money.”

I believe that things are back to “normal” by mid-summer at the latest but we will see. Maybe we get a new global pandemic or new global supply constraint :face_vomiting: I have no idea on the affiliate, sorry.

Yes, I’ve talked myself out of (thanks to some nudging from the generous souls on here) the 392 lease. If I were to go that route, which I am heavily leaning, I will be trying to use PenFed. ~Most~ of the leases simply don’t make sense on those cars.

Honestly the damn semiconductor has caused more issues than anything else. Makes the pandemic feel like a blip on the radar. That and issues with the durango and trx for the non redeye motor has caused them to basically abandon the charger hellcat.

:joy: That is my rough prediction as well; I believe I do have a window of time that I am working with here if I truly want to get into something different, with these figures anyway.

@chrishs2000 The dealer is saying that I’m able to view the invoice pricing online, in the Dodge website, for the affiliate pricing. I can’t find it anywhere - I’m thinking he doesn’t know what he is talking about??

I have no clue my friend, sorry. I’m sure it’s somewhere on the internet.

Yeah, I haven’t come across anything other than asking the dealer.

Go to NADA, build the car and you can see the invoice price. It’s usually 2-4k below msrp.

Thank you! I will have to check that out. I know I had stumbled across invoice pricing (for other manufacturers) a long time ago, but I couldn’t recall where.

Based on the fact that it’s 3% off MSRP on an FCA product lol

Based on the MF value for Scat Pack or RT, it seems like any V8 engine does not lease well with Dodge now. It may be better to finance it instead and sell it within 2-3 years.

Yep, that would be my plan. Leasing is out of the question.

There is some formula yes but 3% of msrp is the holdback formula. I believe invoice pricing is different. Look at a build sheet I have here from a dealer offering invoice + 90% of holdback. You will see that msrp is circa 90k and invoice is 86k.

For the Chargers, there is currently $2k customer cash and $750 (regional I believe) for lease. The dealer is saying that the $2k customer cash is not applicable to the lease…even if it is through Ally? Is that true? I’ve seen instances where people claimed to use that cash when leasing through Ally.

@chrishs2000 hate to continuously bother you, but you are one of the few that seem to answer…with relevant responses! :wink:

Us bank would be the captive you want to use that $2k. You can run a lease through ally, ccap and us bank well those are your best bets outside of maybe a credit union.

Us bank allows the $2k to be applied to a lease? The dealer advised that ally was the best option…but I believe he had only ran the ccap and ally. (Using the $750 cash for lease)

There’s pros and cons to all 3 of them you have to find the best combination of residual, mf and incentives.

But yes us bank deals can include the retail cash, whereas ccap and ally only allow lease cash.

2 Likes