Do loaners always have black interiors?

It seems as though whenever I see a loaner - for any make, they always come in black interiors. I understand that black interiors are popular in general, but after looking at scores of loaners it almost seems like a certainty that they’ll have black interiors.

I hate black interiors with a passion, so I’m wondering if it’s fruitless to look for a 3 series loaner in particular that’s tan, white, or brown inside.

Rare but not impossible. Just understand that the more particular you are with colors and options, the less leverage you have to get a great deal.

1 Like

Oddly enough I don’t think I’ve gotten a BMW loaner with black interior yet. They’ve all been ivory, cognac or mocha.

1 Like

It does depend, to some extent, on where you are. In hot areas, non-black will be more common. Up here in the PNW, black is popular.

When I use to order cars I usually did this with loaner cars, dark interior doesn’t show wear like lighter interiors. It all depends on the dealer though. Manufacturers have wised up over the years and install dark carpets on light interior cars more often than not, especially on volume models and entry luxury models

I’ve seen plenty of both in the NE region. My last one was mocha, and the current one is black. That said, I was more concerned with numbers than the color of the interior, so I took whatever worked better in my favor.

I live in SoCal, which is pretty warm. Within a 100 mile radius, probably 9/10 BMW’s listed for sale have black interiors. It’s madness!

I had a G6 with the 2 tone interior. It looked nice…that cream carpet was killer to keep clean though. I definitely prefer black carpet. Don’t really care what they put on the seats though, as that’s easy enough to keep clean with a rag.

In general I found BMW to be very boring in their colors. We had a tough time finding a non black or white exterior and non black interior 530e in the 56-57k price range.

Remember in the 50’s-60’s when everyone had baby blue, pink, and orange cars? Now the sea of white, black, and grey is depressing. I think I’m alone in that opinion, because everyone goes out of their way to get black on black.

I’m not super pressed about exterior color though, it could be anything. I just refuse to ever spend my money on a car with a black interior.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t understand the fascination with black on black.

1 Like

I’ve bought 2 off loaner BMWs. One did have a black interior, the second was ivory. I also bought a Audi loaner and it was the dark brown interior.

I think it just depends on what the dealer themselves want to do. Black is the most common interior now and it does do better with leather seats to hide dirt/jean stains.