Do I need to buy Acura from dealer in Connecticut?

I want to buy out my 2019 MDX when it comes up in December. I spoke to a dealer who wants to charge me all kinds of fees. The Acura website says I can buy
It straight from them except in certain states. But it doesn’t say states which is not helpful. Any idea if Connecticut is one of the states where I need to buy through a dealer?

Go to the AFS portal and see if it will let you buy it. There will be a lease end section that will give you purchase information if its available.

It does say that I can purchase it directly. But it has this caveat about certain states requiring me to purchase from a dealer and to check the FAQ for info on which states. But there is no additional information in the FAQ. I thought maybe it was common knowledge which states require this.

There was an option with hfs in the web portal to do the buyout for me. Not just the “you can submit payment here”.

I see what you’re saying. Yes, there is a Submit Purchase button and it appears as though I can just purchase it directly. So I guess that answers my question. Thank you.

1 Like

There’s a thread here about getting it financed online for buyout.

@Lexlimo , these are for new loans, but look at the same institutions for used and you’ll usually find a decent rate as well

This is great, I was thinking of using Lightstream who I’ve used before but all of these rates are better.