Do any manufactureres negotatiate buyout price at the end of a lease?

just curious if any brands negotiate at the end of a lease?

No because it’s set in the contract.

1 Like

Contracts can be amended. It all depends on the financial institution, but most don’t. It never hurts to ask.

1 Like

How many treads can we have open on this subject?

6 Likes

As many as it takes to get the answer someone wants to hear.

8 Likes

So how about this:
"Sure, they’ll negotiate. I’m sure a finance company/manufacturer would never mind you paying even more if you’d like to do so! "

4 Likes

There are threads asking if a specific mfg/finance corp will negotiate, not if ANY would. Thanks for the useless response

You are welcome…next time actually search. Here, pretty much same discussion:

2 Likes

That’s not the same question, he’s asking specifically about his chevy. I was curious if any brands are open to negotiations of buyout price or not. Not sure why you guys get off at asinine responses.

FWIW, I can confirm BMW used to have a market adjustment to the dealer, based on the vehicle/model/mileage/etc and their own formula incorporating auction/MMR data, for their internal lease buyout price. There was then an “adder” to the dealer’s cost, if the same customer or household was buying out the lease. It was then the dealer’s discretion on what # they offer the customer. Sometimes there was room to work under residual, sometimes not. In recent years, it changed and now it is more of a “subtraction/adjustment” from the actual residual with respect to what can be offered to the original customer/household. It’s typically not much. I have worked out many lease buyouts for customers and found them room to cover the tax or consider a warranty upgrade while still making sense for both parties.

1 Like

Sure. I just turned in a Cadillac, lease was up. Residual was $46,000. A couple of months ago GM leasing offered me the car for $43,000 plus waive the disposition fee and last three payments. I declined. I turned the car in on December 6th and the dealer informed me that I could purchase the car for $40,380.

1 Like

Is there another hackr website for this? Buyout Hackr?

4 Likes

It has its own sub-forum on badfinancialdecisions.fm

2 Likes

Jaguar Land Rover works just like this. We have a market based buyout that is usually way below residual value. It isn’t intended to be passed to a customer but for us to secure for inventory before they pay auction / transport fees. Most dealers will buy the car at the market based price, hold most of the gross and only discount enough to make the hassle worth it for the customer. Some of my biggest deals have been lease buyouts.

3 Likes

How is it a bad financial decision to buy out a car at the end of the lease if they adjust it to market price for buyout?? I can rely on you to add useless snark to every thread.

Two posters have reported recently that BMW Financial offered them a discount from the price set in the lease agreement. I tried to get Audi to reduce the price on an A4 that I turned in last month, and they refused.

You need to provide the link www.buyouthackr.com so you can see how Many people click on it.

2 Likes

This will be YMMV based on captive as well as what you’re driving from the captive. Although GMF gave a break to the guy with the Cadillac, they may not on the guy driving a Cruze. You will need to contact your captive and ask.

Definitely varies form captive to captive. Seems like the Cadillac example above was offered by the leasing company. With others, the captive will offer you a direct buyout at contracted residual, as well as the option to directly finance through them at their standard rate programs. If the customer has the right interaction with the dealer, they can ascertain whether or not there is any room, possible supported rates, option to add CPO (depending on policy) or other warranty… I’ve had customers buyout a lease, great transaction for both parties, and they leave with 5 years of near bumper to bumper coverage. They always understood there would be maintenance costs and wearable items, etc. Everyone has their own reason. Some would just do it for their own perception of convenience or simplicity and familiarity with their own car, others would be keeping it for another family member or a teenager getting their license or going to college. As @ethanrs mentioned, they were often great gross profit deals, and the easiest transactions with happy customers.

1 Like

ah yes, wonderful contribution to the community from esteemed user “ISmellLikePoop”

ignore my name lmao

1 Like