Discrepancy between leasehkr calculator and dealer calculator

Are you located in CA?

Yes, I’m in California

The way its written up, the leasehackr calculator actually shows a higher price. The rebate wouldnt apply on the calculator since he’s applying it to the MSD’s. 1st time I believe I seen it written up that way.

1 Like

@Samson @BMW_Dave @GAngellBMW Does BMWFS really allow rebates to be used towards the MSD amount?

“A” shows the selling price at 120k. Shouldn’t “C” the adjusted cap cost be less than “A” after factoring the rebate? It shows 122 plus dollars

No because its not being used as a cap cost reduction. Its being used as part of your MSD. If thats allowed its great for you I think

1 Like

Instead of having to put $7k down as a security deposit, now you only have to put $5500 but will still receive $7k back at the end of lease. I dont know why that would be allowed by BMWFS

1 Like

Looks consistent:

$7,960 due at signing including MSD. I didn’t include the $2,465 rebates, but that’s what will “pay” for a portion of your total drive-off.

1 Like

But your calculator is showing 25.7% off sales price. he agreed on 27% off selling price(120k) before any incentives

This would be the first time I heard of this, I really don’t think so.

1 Like

See Section 13. They added registration, acquisition, and doc fee to capitalized cost.

1 Like

closest I got using the negative down payment method

It is a little weird you’re paying $5,501 in cash upfront and getting back $7,000 in MSD later. Wonder if BMW FS will approve the deal.

Would be nice if the calculator had “Drive off = ______” option. Kind of like the the zero drive off option

Essentially if @Porsche75 wants the deal in the original post, he should add an approx. $1,445 capitalized cost reduction.

The calc is meant to be a guide, not desking software.

You also should be able to calc the entire deal out with paper and pencil and not rely on a calc.

2 Likes

I was not trying to say anything neg towards the calculator. I’m more than capable to calc the deal on my end using the numbers. I was just saying so I could post a calculator link without having to put an negative amount under downpayment when I’m trying to help someone or multiple people as they are trying to work a deal.

My calculator shows total lease cost less than 20k, and his contract shows 23.3 k. There is a big discrepancy. I’m so confused.

#1 Your Original Cal.
23 x $895 $20,585 Total Cost with $6,300 in MSD due upfront and returned at end
#2 Dealer Worksheet / Lease contract
23 x $960 $22,080-$1,498.37(MSD refund surplus at end)=$20,581.63 Total Cost With $5501.63 Due upfront for MSD but you get Returned $7000 at lease end

1 Like