Discount to target for Jettas right now?

I’ve heard good things about the DCC but haven’t tried it. Back in 2016 I think you needed the performance pack to get the LSD, so that is a must have option for me. I think in the mk8 the LSD should be standard (like it is in 2020), so hopefully I can get the base version with the plaid seats. Those seats would make a good complement to my city weave V60 :grinning:

1 Like

It’s all about the plaids

1 Like

Guess you haven’t seen what everyone else offers

1 Like

He’s got 2 Jettas on his spreadsheet (S & SE) with more than 15% off. I doubt you’ll get more than that unless you have VW Partner Program or other discounts. The crazy aggressive leftover 2019 deals are gone, and general industry new car inventory is tighter this summer than any time in recent memory.

The other option is to roll the dice and hope just about every automaker drastically overshoots the mark on production coupled with demand contraction, each resolving to address the issue with massive incentive spend and too many 2020s when the calendar is about to roll over to 2021.

2 Likes

To be clear, I am not asking for anyone to serve me a deal. It is helpful to know what % discount others are getting out there, and there is nothing wrong with asking others if they have any recent experience with that make/model to contribute.

I acknowledge I am disconnected from the current realities because of ignorance on what deals people have been closing recently. I haven’t been car shopping in a year. That is why I started this thread for data points.

Respectfully, I’ve driven hundreds of makes and models. I just don’t value badges, tech gimmicks, or 0-60 times for a daily driver. For a weekend sports car, it’s a different story. Is there a model that you are particularly fond of?

Thank you, very helpful.

Right. The search function and the marketplace is your friend.

Definitely. I tried to acknowledge in my first post that I doubt I will be able to achieve those deals again.

I think what was being asked, was if you went to the “share deals” section of the forum And did a “Jetta” search as well as Edmunds forum or other VW type forums.

In addition I mentioned the “Marketplace” section of this forum where you could review dealer and broker offerings since one is a CA dealer. Hopefully you checked out the above mentioned spreadsheet.

I did check out that spreadsheet, thanks again. Searching the marketplace does not reveal many recent deals.

The answer may simply be that few members here recently 1) signed a Jetta deal and 2) are willing to share some deal details.

1 Like