Ding Dong, 🔥 BOLT 🔥 📣 EV sales are dead

Does this portend amazing deals on BOLT lease to come?

One of the most notable sales events for April came from the Chevrolet Bolt EV…but notable in the fact that sales were mostly unchanged.

After posting a couple disappointing months of Bolt sales in both February and March (952, 978 respectively), GM came out and specifically said that issue was related to the amount of available inventory (averaging less than 14 days worth of stock in Q1).

For April, those inventories quadrupled by mid-month, but unfortunately sales only moved up by a few hundred units, to 1,292 deliveries in the month.

1 Like

Bring on the incentives!!!

It’s time to leasehack the BOLT with leasehackr scores of 15 or better :slight_smile:

No employee pricing yet on the Bolt either

MY BODY IS READY for a sub $250/mo Bolt! yum:

Ummm am I the only one that’s interested in a REAL hackr deal like $150/month?

1 Like

That’s prob the only way I’d consider looking at one

$150/mo is gen 1 Leaf pricing. Going to need patience to get that low.

Great news! Man, $150/month would rule. I still plan on getting my Tesla Model 3, but I’d seriously consider getting a Bolt in the meantime if it dropped to 150.

If the BMW i3 was about the same price or cheaper, why would anyone get a bolt over the BMW?

im assuming the double battery range?

Bolt sets its best sales mark ever, and it is dead.

Lol

1. GM makes a claim Bolt isn’t selling because of limited inventory
  2. Inventory quadruples in April
  3. Sales rise only slightly, barely exceeds first month sales from initial rush

So maybe not “dead”, but the inventory excuse can seemingly be ruled out.

You are not supposed to remember what they said last month!

1 Like

I really want an EV now but am wondering about whether to jump into a lease or wait for the model 3. I put my reservation in on Oct 19 2016, when could I expect to get it? Could I fit a lease in during the meantime?

Did you order the AWD Model 3? If so, you will probably see it in 2019, maybe later. Who really knows with Musk.

Depending on where you live, I’d guess it’ll take at least a year and a half to get your model 3 if you reserved in Oct. You’re probably around 400,000 on the list. First deliveries (estimated at about 10,000) go to employees, next set goes to current Tesla owners, and then they’ll start shipping the 150,000 or so cars to those of us that reserved that first day before the car was officially announced. They said people in California will get priority, followed by the rest of the US and then international. Who knows if that applies to later reservations. So yea, even if they’re 100% on schedule (hasn’t happened yet), I think if you do a 24 month lease, you’ll have very little overlap.

No one has been able to configure their order yet. They estimate that sometime in July those of us that have reservations will be able to go online and choose all our specs. I wouldn’t be surprised if the D model isn’t even going to be an option when they first open the system up. Or maybe they’ll let you choose it, but let you know that you’ll have to wait longer. It’s all speculation at this point!

Saw this on one of the Tesla news sites… “Musk has said that the first deliveries of Model 3 will be the simpler rear wheel drive configuration followed by the dual motor variant and performance version in late 2017 and into 2018.”

2 Likes

An i3 costs the same to lease as a Bolt? Got any numbers?

I saw some deals on here that mentioned some ridiculously low lease prices for the i3 (like 1/3 of the the price). The problem is the i3 has less than half the range of the Bolt. The Bolt currently has the most range of any EV in that price range, so people are willing to pay a premium for that.

I3 Lease deal ended 4/30. No AARP rebate or MSDs available now.