Did I get scammed? Spoiler Alert: NO

Or they don’t find this site until after the deal. You definitely got scammed, I’m paying less for a BMW.

This is my favorite part.

3 Likes

Dont bring more burden to yourself over the deal. At least you did not have to put any money down and didnt add any extras with finance mananger aka shark .Not such utterly bad deal for noob. You live and learn

1 Like

Could be worse. Could be a 450 a month Accord hybrid with 10k down.

7 Likes

Hey now it was only 9k down. 10k would just be crazy!

Was it really 9k? I could have swore it was 10k!

If you recall, he absolutely knew what he was doing.

I wonder where he’s at, now.

Sipping fuel and laughing at us idiots. He was playing chess, we were playing checkers the entire time. I’ll send him an email, he actually sent me an unsolicited Amazon GC for helping after I told him not to several times. If you remember he reneged on his original deal and renogiated for a slightly less horrific deal. But he was still right, the sales manager was on his side, and the dealership was more trustworthy than us…

2 Likes

That thread was epic. I still can’t believe it went down the way it did.

Link to that thread?

@crishs2000 any ideas where the thread went? I can’t seem to find it in search!

Thank you for the public service.

It’s a helluva read.

At Fusillo Hyundai Syracuse NY the 2019 Elantra SE 12,000 miles/year, no money down is 215.00/mo. The Elantra SEL 12,000 miles/year no money down is 235.00/mo. 36 month lease. You do have three days to return. Hope this helps. Don’t be hard on yourself it’s tough, this site is a wonderful resource.

That a UUUUUUUUUUUUGE deal.

(inside CNY joke. I went to high school with Billy’s kid. Total dbag.)

1 Like

Thanks for the link about to read it now.

1 Like

Went back tonight and got a bunch of “can’t return, only exchange”. I said I would leave the car on the lot with the keys, they said I would be repossessed and would hurt me and my credit more. Then I said I would like to leave with the next step up for the same amount and they could only offer the red SEL for $280 or the black Veloster for $300. I was originally told $185/month for the grey car that I have now, then after taxes it jumped up to $255 … so I stuck around after a few calls to my dad to discuss, and then the finance and store managers left and told me to come back tomorrow. Not sure if I should forget about it, or do the next step up :roll_eyes:

After reading that i don’t know if i should feel sorry or laugh.

2 Likes

Why can’t you try to exchange for a better car even same Elantra but with higher discount? Thus getting a better equipped car for few more dollars than you current signed up for?
Also, can you post the lease calc so at least we can tell you where and how you can improve next time?
There multiple ways to get the contract stuffed so post it here and we will show what to watch out next time.

But you have to remember almost everyone here at some point of time had gone through this lesson. So don’t beat yourself too hard especially if you like the car.
There are people here who chaised perfect payment and unicorn only to learn they don’t like the car after all and still stuck w it.

1 Like

You are asking too much from him

Ok. This is all I got. This huge page that is barely legible: