Dealership Won’t Accept My Lease Return

I live in the LA area. My lease expired on April 15. I tried to return my leased Audi to the Audi dealership closest to my house, although this is not the dealership I originally leased my car from. They have told me several times that their lot is too full to accept lease returns, but strangely, the manager always asks me if I leased the car from his dealership. The manager says Audi is not picking up the lease returns in a timely fashion, so the lot is always too full to accept more cars. I contacted Audi Financial and explained the situation. They told me that I should hold on to the car and keep trying until the dealership has space to accept the car. In the meantime, they will note my account so I don’t accrue additional charges, including fees for failing to return the car timely. So, I was shocked to receive a boilerplate letter today from Audi Financial saying I have failed to turn in my car and I will accrue charges if I don’t return the car. I’m on the cusp of calling every class action attorney I know and reporting Audi to the state attorney general for this, but figured I would come here first for some reasonable and level-headed advice first.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Anyone having difficulty returning their leases?