Dealership question…

At least then expectations are properly aligned.

1 Like

Yes I have heard so many stories of people getting “ripped off” by their dealer GM/owner friends. They leverage your trust so that you don’t compare shop.

I had to keep reminding myself: salespeople have the duty to maximize their profit. There is nothing wrong with it. Since we as consumers have the opposite interest of minimizing our cost, we have the responsibility to do our homework (and take everything salespeople say with a grain of salt).

11 Likes

If you didn’t already know it, this is the most valuable lesson you learned.

It’s an old joke, Question: how can you tell if a car salesman/politician is lying?

Answer: Are their lips moving?

5 Likes

Ba-dum tsssssssss :smile:

Scap by any chance?

1 Like

Friends and family dont pay them bills, $$$$ does lol.

I remember an r/askcarsales thread about how salesfolks basically bent over their so-called friends, family, parents etc…

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

I’m not above ringing up acquaintances and friends and seeing if they’re ready to upgrade at a smoking deal.

You can call the dealership, but they will probably laugh at you. About the only way to fight back is to give very low review on any and all sites you can find. If you have been buying from this dealership for however long you have, and, you deserve some sort of compensation. I doubt they will do anything. By the time your lease is up, the whole staff will have changed over.This is why they call them a Stealership.

A bad review based on what…? That he’s entitled to redo a deal 3 weeks later? Compensation for what?

This sort on infantile view of the world needs to be called out for what it is.

You made a deal, shook hands, and signed papers. Act like the grown ass man or woman your DL says you are.

7 Likes

angry marlon brando GIF

1 Like

Don’t know WTF your ranting about. Unless your with the stealership. You left out most of my response to this person. Which now makes you look like some sort of jailhouse lawyer. I’m not infantile, but actually a real life lawyer. Which is why I gave about the action this person, can take. In this instance bad reviews and letting people know how he feels, may lead others away from this business. Or not .
In any case look in the mirror, you will see what I stated “ in two years the whole staff will have changed over”. By selectively picking partial wordings, I assume you will be part of my last omitted statement

The fact that we are discussing what actions one could take is the whole issue. Both parties agreed to a deal that they were both happy with. To come back 3 weeks later and feel a need to write a bad review or otherwise take action because a different deal might be available is what deserves to be called out.

Since you feel compensation is due here because of the changing market conditions, is it safe to assume you also agree that the dealership is owed compensation for the decrease in value of the trade in?

1 Like

If the roles were reversed and the dealer wanted to renege 3 weeks later because, let’s say, they found a buyer for the same car that was willing to pay more than the OP, would the dealer then deserve some compensation? A deal is a deal is a deal. As a lawyer, you know that once you sign on that dotted line, the limitations of recourse takes effect.

No do overs because you got your timing wrong.

In this case, with a trade involved, its a huge assumption to think that the deal would be better 3 weeks later, just because the dealer is advertising a lower selling price (as if the advertised selling price has ever been relevant anyway).

I am sure the dealer wouldnt mind refunding the $1000 difference in sales price as long as the op doesnt mind refunding the dealer a couple k on the trade value to reflect lowering used values.

3 Likes

I agree, my point to this man was, the worst that could happen was a no response from dealership. Or from him on his part. I wasn’t aware that he was told that by the dealership. I was thinking a large profit add on at discount. Ceramic coating, extended warranty etc. at dealership cost. They don’t have to tell him it’s at cost. Most have high volume profit add on’s would keep him as a long term customer. But if he was already offered this as you said. I would walk away and take my advice. Maybe they just don’t care.
Not you, but others dressing down this guy, like he’s a moron or worse. The comments made, only serves to show how some people have such short sighted business ethics they have. Which led to my personal view of management and, or the dealership won’t be around in two years. One bad review loses ten potential customers. Do your marketing research on this.
We are headed for some lean times, I would be planning strategies for return customer not short one time so screw you attitude.

The bigger issue is the impulse to feel that there is even a reason to reach out to the dealer at all. So what if the advertised pricing changed weeks later? If you make a deal and agree to it, you made your deal. Situations changing down the road are of no consequence, particularly if youre only trying to cherry pick the changes to improve your side of the deal, while ignoring the whole picture.

2 Likes

Did you get quotes elsewhere?

Welcome to stealerships.

The issue is that your surprised.

bUT hE’S mY uNCLE

I’m not gonna leave a bad review. I’m not gonna call out the dealership. I don’t know how many times i have to reiterate that I completely understood the deal I got and I agreed to it. I’m new to the leasing game and assumed leasing went by programs on a monthly basis, so the fact it changed in the same month is what i was curious about. I got the answers to my question ten fold, it amazes me how some of you feel the need to beat a dead horse to feel better about yourselves

2 Likes