Dealership Emails

Question here from a dealer: It seems like most emails dealers send after submitting an inquiry on a vehicle are spam.

I shopped for a Toyota about a year back and still get emails (and can’t bring myself to u/s because I’m fascinated with these things). And I’m sure our CRM is guilty of the same at times.

My question is, what emails do you guys find useful not only before but also after the sale?

I’m a marketing pessimist today :upside_down_face:

If you can help it, avoid the boilerplate.

2 Likes

Most marketing emails market bad deals so they are in the spam folder

Please stop emailing me.

4 Likes
  1. Less email is more. I never need an automated email that says we received your inquiry. I never need an automated email the tries to match me with any other stock number than what I sent
  2. Any follow-up that tells me you read and comprehended my question, and that we’re talking about the same thing - is welcome. 99% of dealer emails are not that
2 Likes

More than anything, if you’re going to send me an email, answer the questions I’ve asked. Nothing turns me off quicker than when I ask a specific question and instead of answering it, get a “when can you come in” response.

9 Likes

Our prices are so good, It’s illegal to show them to you in writing

8 Likes

Only illegal because they’re lying about them being good.

1 Like

:point_up::point_up:- It is such a turn off when a dealer/internet rep just wants me to come into the dealership to talk numbers.

While shopping for a car recently, it took me more than 5 emails just to get a quote from a dealer. I don’t get why some dealerships are afraid to provide their pre-incentive discount via email. Most folks looking for a car are going to shop around. I normally don’t pit dealers against each other. I just go with the one with the best offer.

1 Like