Dealers not responding

I am a lease newbie…trying lease a '17 Nissan Rogue SV AWD.
I emailed dealers within 150 miles from my zip code asking for $26000 OTD.
There were few dealers who jumped right in and sent breakdowns of the price.
Yet, I am stuck at $27000 OTD from one dealer, and other dealers are not responding to my email!
What should I do? : (
Am I doing this “lease thing” correctly?

If you are leasing, why are you asking for an OTD price? That’s usually for purchases. Are you trying to purchase or lease the Rogue?

Less than 26 k sales price should be doable. There is 1250 Nissan cash discount. I see them advertising aggressively for President’s day, that may be a good day to do car shopping.

I am leasing…I thought we should start from getting OTD then lock the selling price the dealer offers (because it will be lower then asking just for a selling price)? I must have misunderstood it…?! : (

Yes, if I cannot finalize my deal before President’s day, I am willing to do car shopping on that day.

Incentives can be different for leases and purchases, so I think it’s better to just let the dealer know you will be leasing and then negotiate the best sales price you can get. Also find out what the MF is currently and make sure the dealer is not marking it up.

1 Like

[quote=“ceeceeroni, post:1, topic:8187, full:true”]
I am a lease newbie…trying lease a '17 Nissan Rogue SV AWD. I emailed dealers within 150 miles from my zip code asking for $26000 OTD. There were few dealers who jumped right in and sent breakdowns of the price. Yet, I am stuck at $27000 OTD from one dealer, and other dealers are not responding to my email! What should I do? : ( Am I doing this “lease thing” correctly?
[/quote]I see $900 Lease Cash and $1250 Customer Cash(probably only available for financing) on Edmunds https://www.edmunds.com/nissan/rogue/2017/deals/

Thank you so much!!! I will make sure I get the $900 discount!!!

1 Like

Nissan? I’m totally biased, since I own a Mazda, but I would suggest you also take a look at a Mazda CX-5.

I did! I got a selling price of $23,495 from a dealer for a 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD.
I want to go lower, but dealers in my area are not aggressive.
What should be my target price? Am I being too unrealistic to ask $23500 OTD for a sport?

@ceeceeroni, make sure you get the invoice number of the vehicle you’re looking at, then use the $900 AFTER they discount their selling price. You want to be able to get them to go below invoice BEFORE the $900.

I am in a dilemma.
After asking this question on this forum, I decided to ask dealers again on a '17 CX-5 Sport AWD.

Here is the lowest deal I got so far:

Sales price $22220
Military $500

RV 58% (I thought it was 60%, not 58%…?)
MF 0.00010

Is this a good deal?

Being flexible allows you to get good deals. It’s not a bad leasehackr score for the Mazda. A similar vehicle that leases in that range is RAV 4 LE (easily) or XLE (with some luck and great negotiation). The Rogue seems to be in the 210 to 230 range but I don’t see why you couldn’t get a great deal at around 200.

You are so correct! With '17 Nissan rogue sv, I am stuck at $217/mo.
Toyota dealers around where I live are very resistant to do aggressive deals, unfortunately.
I tried to negotiate Highlander last week and basically gave up because of their lack of willingness to earn my business.

I may choose between CX-5 or Rogue now.