Dealers not negotiating?

You guys mean lease a car without seeing it first?

Well, I do the combination of email/text/in person…I never done it just one way. I still want to see the car before I sign anything.

I guess for some it’s just a game…or its like a mail-order bride…lolz.

You never even come back for a second time? You see, I do all of those. See the car, walk away, text/ email, wait for reply, see the car, walk away, email/text, wait for reply…

One thing I do also is ask for an upgraded car such as with Navi, etc…for same price…I got a Navi and Panoramic roof for $1 more per month…

I’ve seen a lot of deals here for base models which seems a good deal…they could have gotten a higher trim for same monthly and DAS…

You sound like an uninformed customer that dealer’s love. The below proves that your initial deal wasn’t as good as you thought. Dealers don’t just “throw in” stuff.

1 Like

I think someone is messing with us.

1 Like

Well, that’s right…the first deal wasn’t good
…which many will fall for anyway…

If dealer “throws in” anything, they generally still have money in play.

1 Like

Yeah…even with the best deal ever posted here…dealers still have profit.

That’s absolutely not true. The best deals posted on here are because dealers know they will lose far more money if they continue holding onto the vehicle (i.e. model year end closeout, factory lease support ending, etc).

2 Likes

Yeah, better to take the loss now and the stat than to possibly lose support and incentives to help move the unit.

Yes. It is a new car. What is there to see? Looks just like the new one I already test drove elsewhere. If there is damage, then I’ll obviously see that prior to delivery, which means the deal still isn’t official. And if its a matter of getting something fixed, they can fix it. Again, its a lease, and its new. I’m not the least bit worried.

You never know, you could sign and then hate how it drives. I know I had to test drive the 440 before I bit on it.

A friend of mine got a captain’s chair which he didnt like because he has 3 kids. He didnt test drove the SUV…and see it first. He assumed it was bench seating!

Like I said, test drove elsewhere. I certainly wouldn’t get a car without knowing if I fit and am comfortable, etc. But I have gotten several where I didn’t test drive the exact unit I wound up getting.

1 Like

YMMV…I guess…I dont care if you dont want to test drive…and don’t make feel a novice if I test drive…

For I really dont care…

But… you asked the question. If you don’t want the answer, don’t ask. And I’m not “making you feel” anything. You asked, I answered. All very factual. You do you, my friend.

Sounds like a big waste of time actually

If this works for you and you end up getting great deals then forget what everyone is saying…stick with it.

I do both…i talk through email and when almost all is set i drive down to close and test drive the car just to make sure it can drive me home.

1 Like

It’s not really about whether test driving or not…its about how they make you feel stupid for test driving…they make it sound experts dont test drive…

I think this has run it’s course.