Dealer wants me to bring car back a month later to fix the GPS tracker?

At least you don’t have to leave the house to get pr0n anymore.

2 Likes

These are all concerns but I have a cell phone. It has all of that info and more. I guess I could always smash my cellphone but much of the data is backed up in the cloud anyhow. Also, Honda link seems to just about always kwow where my car is.

That said, I would ask what is this GPS receiver? Why is it of any value to me. Lots of conjecture here but no real answers. Hopefully OP completes the story later.

I will definitely update all of you. And thanks for all the input!

3 Likes

Read the lease agreement and any thing attached which you signed; first, just for your education …and then read it again closely, looking for anything related to this issue re GPS or their contractual right to demand your return of vehicle to dealer. Now.
Then post here.
(Btw. There are clauses re ‘subject to finance’ where in you can drive the car off the lot but the bank vetoes the deal on Monday, which is legit, but seems you’re well past that window as you’re getting invoices from the bank)
In the meantime
Ignore their phone calls or answer and tell them to stop calling… Request an explanation, in writing, as to why they need the car back and cite your contractual obligations to perform that act,…or merely tell them you moved to Texas.
You do not have to get your car serviced at that dealer.
If it was important you would get something in writing in the mail.

What’s strange is your deal is already funded, I’m not sure why the dealer would be involved at this point. Sounds shady, which is par for the course for an FCA dealer

1 Like

Updates:
I went through all the lease documents they gave me and there is no mention of a GPS or any other device anywhere.

Someone from the service department called me this morning and offered to send out a technician to my house to fix the GPS.

Thinking of letting them and just watching what the tech does. I’ll probably have the car blocked in the driveway because I’m just that paranoid. But first I want to call the finance guy that contacted me 2 days ago and ask the following…

Do I have access to this GPS information so that I may locate my car if needed? How do I go about accessing it? Who do I contact in case I need to access it? Can the police? Would they need a warrant? Theft report? Does Ally Financial require the GPS to be working? Can I remove it?

Anything I should add?
This is so weird!
Thanks-

They’ll send a tech to your house to fix it? Something seems waaaaaay off about this.

3 Likes

right?!?!?!?

Sounds like hidden dealer installed gps lojack. Maybe they dont want to pay the fee for not having a working one. You should tell them you’re taking a trip to Mexico and see how fast they come out there.

1 Like

but they don’t even own the car anymore so why would they care?

That’s what our phones are for!

1 Like

I’d tell them to pound sand

This will be my last post on the subject. Here are my options for you.

1 - never answer their phone call again

2 - if you are too nice to do #1, when you answer next, tell them you do not want GPS, nor did you consent to it, if they come onto your property without your consent you will file a police report.

3 - If you are unwilling to listen to what everyone is telling you, stop posting and do what you want

5 Likes

This is pretty much the correct answer to 95% of posts on LH :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Cough Accord Touring Cough

2 Likes