Dealer says it’s not worth to go through TFS with MSD’s as Credit Union giving Better rate

There are no Highlander XSE trim available in the state if Michigan last I checked. Only one was at the dealership I’m currently negotiating with and it was transit. They just received it yesterday.

Thanks man, as if it wasn’t enough with I am dealing with currently lol I’m just messing. Here’s hoping they don’t do that before I get my carvana response or atleast the chase request for the copy of the title soon.

All good. :+1:

One of my buddies situation was interesting… car came in on a Tuesday, they could pick it up Wednesday. Wife said, nah, we’ll go Friday or Saturday when it’s more convenient. Car was sold on Thursday when their salesguy was out. Crushed… they waited months for it and had to settle for something else. Again, just that things happen and your salesperson is trying to fend off mgmt from selling it by saying he has a serious buyer in hand, here’s the credit app and deposit, etc.

1 Like

Jesus, here’s hoping I hear word back at least by early Monday next week.

Get the dealer quote with no trade in. So you know where they are (re)starting on price if any changes

Then if the standalone hits your target, at that point you can introduce the trade to give them first dibs but let them know you are preparing to sell it at 24K. And be ready to follow through with Carvana/Carmax to have them buyout the CX-5 end of lease.

But you’ll need to be prepared to get the XSE this weekend or it will probably be gone soon after arrival (assuming it is really coming and there is only one in the whole state of michigan). You will need to be decisive if this is the car you want and the dealer can hit your leasing price target with zero down.

Just got approved by Carvana! They’re coming Tuesday to pick it up. I told dealer I’ll be coming later in the day to process paperwork. Should I prepare for anything by what the dealer might do (aside from canceling my deposit and selling the car)? The dealer was cool about Tuesday pickup so I’m hoping it all works out.

I should also say, I’m getting double what the dealer was giving me in equity. Phew! I was ready to just go in and go with dealer on trade-in but luckily Carvana approved the offer in time for me not to jump the gun.

1 Like

This is excellent news on Carvana approval.

Make sure you line up your Highlander deal(s) assuming you will need a car on or before Tuesday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will do, thank you!

This was helpful as a new member to the forum- thank you! I have a 2008 pristine GMC Yukon That I owe $1,363.74 on and looking for a more fuel efficient vehicle and to sell it now to a buyer. I just need to find a car to lease. I work and commute a maximum of maybe 6 miles total in a day- and that is being gracious. So a low mileage lease and looking for a 2021 Nissan Murano Platinum. Any other tips or advice for this current day and age of 10/3/2021? Thank you!

Probably best to check out what’s leasing well before deciding on a make, model and trim.

Most cars do not lease well. They do not have the programs (RV, MF and incentives) to be good candidates for lease-hacking, regardless of what dealer discount you can negotiate. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

After a lot of helpful advice from the forum, looks like the OP left us hanging on this one :rofl:

Lol no one asked afterwards.

Got $5k from carvana, used it towards the down payment on Highlander xse. Signed lease for 12k 36 mo. $376/month.

with how much DAS?

$3k das, $2k additional down

So $5k total? Does that include the trade equity?

That is correct

I am confused. So you signed at $376 a month and 5K down ~$515 a month effective payment + tax vs. the original ~$553 effective per month. Looks like the same deal you had originally without any equity benefit from your Carvana vs, dealer trade-in.

Not sure why you mixed up the 5K equity extracted from Carvana in the deal and put that towards the lease but I may not be following…

Both of those numbers are pretax right? So perhaps the dealer took about $500 out of the $2000 additional for themselves? Though I may be missing something.

I think this just again points to the general belief around here that putting money down on a lease is both bad from a negotiation perspective and from a risk perspective but YMMV…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.